Solis Restaurant

Bonbeak

3 hours ago, Jaq66 said:

I tried that and now it does not give any menus just fining venues. Technology glitches.

3 hours ago, Jaq66 said:

I tried that and now it does not give any menus just fining venues. Technology glitches.

It’s probably because Encore has no passengers onboard as it’s relocating around Africa,  no guests no need to publish daily menus,

• Like 2

Hello there

We have just returned from 14 nights on Ovation, dining in Solis twice during our time on board.

Reflections? Reservation numbers were limited in order for the staff to fine tune their service in the new “environment “ which did impact the atmosphere as CV on both occasions the restaurant was about 60% full. The menu is rather “busy” which a number of fellow passengers found hard to navigate but in fact it’s relatively straightforward. The food was mixed, in my humble opinion with some courses being nicer than others.

In summary I would say go with an open mind on the menu and trust that in time things will adapt and excel. They have put some great team members in there with the mission to fine tune and polish - they will get there 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow!  I would want to study that menu and wine list for some time during the day before setting foot in Solis.  Otherwise  we would be there for hours just digesting the menu, never mind the food.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Wow!  I would want to study that menu and wine list for some time during the day before setting foot in Solis.  Otherwise  we would be there for hours just digesting the menu, never mind the food.

And don't forget to bring a dictionary (in several languages).

The menu seems unnecessarily obtuse. 

I'm glad that I reserved Solis on our August Quest cruise for the 3rd night of the cruise, rather than our usual pick of the first night for a specialty restaurant.  We will certainly need to spend some time the first 2 days to study the menu!  Does seem unduly complicated along with trying to be too "fancy".

• Like 1

I agree.  A great dinner should be relaxing, which I fear this would not be, after trying to get through the menu.  I expect the food will be generally  delicious, but there really is too much choice for even the most sophisticated diner to cope with easily.  And it does all look a bit pretentious - there is no need to try to make a big impression on the sort of passengers you get on Seabourn and similar ships; they have already seen it all.  Put fewer items on the menu, and change it more often, perhaps.

• Like 2

Here's a tip contra to the complexity of Solis:  Take a look at the daily menu summary and pay special attention to Earth and Sea, which is the Patio in the evening.

It's informal and al fresco with basically only two entrees.  Note: if the entree appeals to your liking, be aware that it is EXCELLENTLY DONE.  The only downside is that you have to choose nights that agree with your taste in cuisine.

As stated, it is an informal setting but fun.  They jazz things up with a special foo-foo smoky starter.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, lincslady said:

Put fewer items on the menu, and change it more often, perhaps.

And while they're at it, separate the appetizers from the side dishes and from the entrees more distinctly so you can tell which is which.  Currently they're all over the place.

I'm sure much time is wasted by the waiters explaining the menu.

Edited by skybluewaters
  • Like 1

To be honest, the first night we went we were a bit confused with it, but the staff in there were so helpful so it only took a few minutes chat about different dishes to decide what to have.

After that, on other visits,  it was plain sailing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...