Taking Bottled Water on Board in Australia.

Reina del Mar

I asked this question last time we cruised in Australia and received several different answers…we ended up just buying a soda package once on board.

This question is for passengers who have recently cruised from OPT in Sydney.

I know we can drink water from the ship’s taps so don’t need advice on that.  

There is no option to order bottles of water in my personaliser. Both TA and I have phoned Princess to try to order a water package. The only answer Princess UK come up with is you can order once on board…which I definitely don’t think is right.

I read on another forum that people have sent slabs of water to their cabin with their luggage…is this still possible ?? We are travelling for 26 days and although we have Elite mini bar set up, think we’ll need additional water and too mean to order bottled water at a bar or from Room Service.

12 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

I asked this question last time we cruised in Australia and received several different answers…we ended up just buying a soda package once on board.

This question is for passengers who have recently cruised from OPT in Sydney.

I know we can drink water from the ship’s taps so don’t need advice on that.  

There is no option to order bottles of water in my personaliser. Both TA and I have phoned Princess to try to order a water package. The only answer Princess UK come up with is you can order once on board…which I definitely don’t think is right.

I read on another forum that people have sent slabs of water to their cabin with their luggage…is this still possible ?? We are travelling for 26 days and although we have Elite mini bar set up, think we’ll need additional water and too mean to order bottled water at a bar or from Room Service.

I asked the” water question” not long ago (since we are  going to embark later this month from Sydney) and  nobody mentioned sending water with the luggage. I was advised that water can be bought in NZ ports from supermarkets.

I called Princess and was offered 3  gallons of water that we are going to find in the room. If this is not suitable drinking I can ask customer service to replace it with bottles or be able to buy bottles.

I am elite and will replace the minibar with 20 water bottles.

We’ll be  in Sydney few days prior to our cruise and definitely will buy water bottles for use. Whatever  is left will take in carryon.

12 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

26 minutes ago, skents said:

Currently on the Majestic out of Sydney.   No pre-cruise water package and no onboard water package. You can bring water onboard. 

But if you booked Plus or Premier...they'll give you as many bottles of water as you like, right?

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

But if you booked Plus or Premier...they'll give you as many bottles of water as you like, right?

That is correct.  I don't get the packages, so I didn't think about that. 

8 hours ago, skents said:

Currently on the Majestic out of Sydney.   No pre-cruise water package and no onboard water package. You can bring water onboard. 

Thank you..I knew you could carry a limited amount of water onboard as hand luggage..as this is a 26 day cruise, more interested in knowing whether slabs of water can be sent aboard with cases.

8 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you don’t have either Plus or Premium package, what should you do???

Make friends with someone who does??????????????…

58 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

If you don’t have either Plus or Premium package, what should you do???

We on Majestic out of Sydney in December.  We had Plus, but the bartenders just handed out bottles water whenever we asked for it--they did not seem to be checking whether we had a package or not.  I'm not sure whether that's helpful.