Is the breakfast or lunch in Brunch???

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

Is the breakfast or lunch in the word Brunch the determining factor as to whether Simply More wine is included with that meal?

Does anyone know if they pour for More during brunch offshore?  

SM wine/champagne is included on the brunches at sea in the GDR - very lovely to add a glass of bubbly to this amazing spread!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I prefer breakfast in brunch so I won’t feel I paid for something under SM I don’t consume 🙃. Save the wine and beer for lunch when I’m maximizing whatever “optimized” reduced port time available. This way I will only have to feel poorly for one meal a day overspending for the cruise fare. Of course this would be optimal if I am able to use the elusive SM excursion credits, also overpaid. 

Overt sarcasm here. Frankly, as Patch Adams said, IDGARA. I’ve adjusted my decision criteria to O’s new pricing program. In some ways it makes comparisons easier since no cruise line I’m interested in offers O’s former cruise only fares (applied to US guests). I’m evaluating two similar 10 night Caribbean Islands itineraries sailing in November 2024, one on Marina and the other on the Viking Sea (their 2nd oldest ship). A PH3 on deck 8 (291 sq ft including veranda) is $160 per night ($80 pp) less than a DV5 on deck 5 (270 sq ft including veranda). These are comparable in that both are aft locations with guest decks below and above (the lowest decks, respectively, meeting this preference). The are other differences. Viking’s itinerary is more port intensive with no sea days compared to three with Oceania, though Viking has an overnight in the embarkation port. We like both ships with the slightest nod to Viking but prefer O’s food. Viking’s included excursions hold very little appeal. With O we at least have a chance for using the SM credits to defray costs of excursion(s) we actually might otherwise choose.

The price difference is relevant (though Viking calls at St. Kits and St. Thomas, both of which we would like to visit) but my main hesitancy is with O missing ports or shortening stays, allegedly, though we experienced this on Vista in August.

• Haha 1

On a related note, if I ask for champagne and add orange juice to it myself, creating a mimosa, will I be charged for a mixed drink?   And if I am charged for it, do I get the included gratuity, since in this case I'm the bartender?

Just trying to navigate through the uncharted Simply More seas. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, halfapair said:

Neophyte question here: When do they serve brunch in the GDR? Is it on Saturdays and Sundays? Or only Sundays? Or just sea days?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I have only a few O cruises under my belt (literally), but I believe the Brunch is an occasional “special” event.  I have experienced only two, both on long, consecutive sea days of a TA and a South Pacific.  One was on a weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1