NOT “HIA” Promo Dining Credit - Rudi’s Sel De Mer??

On an upcoming cruise, we have a complimentary/promo dining credit on our booking (not HIA) that allowed us to redeem/book a dinner at Rudi’s through Navigator app free of charge (full promotional savings for dinner for 2). Anyone ever see this?  

I researched online and found some “culinary” voyages on HAL offered through travel agents that have had this as a benefit in the past, but my online travel agency knows nothing about it. I’ll print and carry aboard the confirm showing the full promotional credit when I booked it at $0 to us, but I’m just curious if others have seen and used this. Again, this is NOT via Have It All benefit. Perhaps it was a technology bug, but it clearly shows in our Itinerary as reserved and the promotional savings on the emailed confirm shows fully comped. 

5 minutes ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

On an upcoming cruise, we have a complimentary/promo dining credit on our booking (not HIA) that allowed us to redeem/book a dinner at Rudi’s through Navigator app free of charge (full promotional savings for dinner for 2). Anyone ever see this?  

I researched online and found some “culinary” voyages on HAL offered through travel agents that have had this as a benefit in the past, but my online travel agency knows nothing about it. I’ll print and carry aboard the confirm showing the full promotional credit when I booked it at $0 to us, but I’m just curious if others have seen and used this. Again, this is NOT via Have It All benefit. Perhaps it was a technology bug, but it clearly shows in our Itinerary as reserved and the promotional savings on the emailed confirm shows fully comped. 

I’ve never seen this but congratulations on your score 🙂 

I’d far rather have Sel de Mer than PG any day of the week.  Enjoy 🙂 

• Like 4

Just now, kazu said:

I’ve never seen this but congratulations on your score 🙂 

I’d far rather have Sel de Mer than PG any day of the week.  Enjoy 🙂 

There was also a random $25 per person Group Amenity from HAL (not the travel agent) that also showed up upon booking.  I am thinking it was perhaps some culinary cruise group booking that I somehow qualified for.  Not that I am some foodie, but I am excited to try it.  I certainly hope that it is better than our past couple experiences in PG!

1 minute ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

There was also a random $25 per person Group Amenity from HAL (not the travel agent) that also showed up upon booking.  I am thinking it was perhaps some culinary cruise group booking that I somehow qualified for.  Not that I am some foodie, but I am excited to try it.  I certainly hope that it is better than our past couple experiences in PG!

With the exception of the Koningsdam, all my Sel de Mer’s have been excellent - whether they were pop ups or the full specialty on the Pinnacle Class.

I think the odds are good you will be pleased 🤞 

1 minute ago, kazu said:

With the exception of the Koningsdam

Oh gosh, that's the ship we are on!!  Since it's "free," I think my expectations will be met.  Care to share what was not good on the Koningsdam iteration?

28 minutes ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Oh gosh, that's the ship we are on!!  Since it's "free," I think my expectations will be met.  Care to share what was not good on the Koningsdam iteration?

I wouldn’t worry.  I think the problem was I was dining solo and let’s just say I was ignored.  I’m quite sure my fish sat under a heat lamp all too long.  Since they put me at the table they did, I could see everyone else was getting served long before I.   the Chef came and apologized.  I was offered another entree but refused since I had been there long enough.  Appetizers and desert was good though for sure.  I doubt you will have the same problem 😉 

• Thanks 1

The problem with the Koningsdam (Christmas 2023) at Sel De Mer was not because anyone of going solo, it was perfectly awful  for us as a joyfully anticipatory couple on the same cruise, who even dressed up to honor the occasion after hearing so many prior laudatory reviews.

It was a huge disappointment at every level, but I also think a ship experience can sometimes be just one off because too many reviews have been so good, with photos that also did not look anything like what we were served that night.  

Assume, they have moved beyond that 2023 Konigsdam Chirsmas disaster, or else Rudi would have taken his name off that restaurant by now. 

• Thanks 1

We got this for Jan sailing on Rotterdam. No idea we had it until I saw the credit online. Also was skeptical. Yes, it was free. But date I booked online was changed to day 1 or 2. So check App for doing time after you’re onboard. Dining staff easily changed it back to prior date. Fantastic dinner-best speciality we’ve ever done. 

Edited by elaine5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

We had a similar situation on a November 2023 cruise. Had redeemed our HIA specialty dines (2 pp) in April. Then when I checked the itinerary in September, I saw those reservations PLUS "1 Credit Available" for each of us. It was for Canaletto, and I was able to book online with no charge. Never did learn why it was added, not from TA or any family member. The reservation was honored without a problem.

• Like 1