Fly/cruise luggage fine print

Ziggy99

9 hours ago, Ziggy99 said:

Antarctica21 pioneered Ushuaia-King George Island flights.

Their current luggage limit is 20kg in total and there's no option to pay for a second checked piece.

Do you have a question?

They are small planes in difficult conditions.  And not many reasons to "dress up", so more bags aren't really needed.

This is a heads-up so that travellers won't have to make a difficult decision at the last moment.

Don't you have posts here of this type?

Eg I'm a photographer and take about 10kg of gear plus a heavy laptop which isn't counted in the usual carry-on limits.  Can I get by on about 8kg for everything else?  If not, fly/cruise isn't for me.

2 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Generally, no, I don't just post answers unless there is a question.   Unless I'm posting a trip report, where I'll include all sorts of facts about a cruise.

And you're the admin?

35 minutes ago, Ziggy99 said:

And you're the admin?

Admins have "Host" next to their name.  Not sure why you'd think I was an Admin.  I saw your first post and asked if you had a question, and I tried to answer it if it was, as most posts here are questions.

Then you asked if I didn't make posts like yours and I said I didn't.

22 hours ago, Ziggy99 said:

Don't you have posts here of this type

I'm afraid that I wasn't looking to emulate you but asking about forum practice.

If you don't want to share useful information off your own bat or recognise it when it's done, that's your choice, not mine.

And I wasn't asking for an explanation of Antarctica21's rules.  It's important for some travellers simply to know them before they travel.

1 hour ago, Ziggy99 said:

I wasn't asking for an explanation of Antarctica21's rules.  It's important for some travellers simply to know them before they travel.

That’s crazy that the company doesn’t share that information with their passengers! It really seems like something they should include in the pre-departure materials.

1 hour ago, kaisatsu said:

That’s crazy that the company doesn’t share that information with their passengers! It really seems like something they should include in the pre-departure materials.

They may well do but people need to know this in the planning stage.  For keen photographers for example it may lead them to research and plan for cruise-only trips.

So 7kg more than Antarctica21 but again you can't purchase more checked luggage than the allowed 20kg.  The airline will allow it on without fee if they've got the capacity.

I wasn’t referring to the 7kg carryon addition. I was referencing this section, since you seemed particularly interested in camera equipment:

”If you have additional baggage requirements eg: photography gear, please contact us to discuss. Our expert team is here to help if you have any question”

Edited by kaisatsu

Yes, I saw that.

The issue is how much you can plan for.

The statement before your quote reads

Can I bring additional baggage?
This will depend on the overall load of the flight. DAP weighs
each piece of luggage and they may offload pieces if the
permitted load is exceeded.

For me a 7kg difference alone is enough to swing the choice of company.