Comparison of cabins

Iloveketo

And black flecks?

Heaters like this would typically be propane or some sort of gas or fuel that would burn cleanly and not produce flecks...?

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

And black flecks?

Heaters like this would typically be propane or some sort of gas or fuel that would burn cleanly and not produce flecks...?

I don't pretend to be a flame expert but my fireplace at home has ceramic logs with natural gas and it still chars up the ceramic logs a little.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a first time Viking Ocean cruiser embarking on the Viking Sky for three back-to-back  itineraries (Homelands, Trade Routes and Med. Odyssey) starting this August. It's a 50+ anniversary trip and we are in ES2 5109 (starboard) for the first 2 legs, and moving to 4120 (port) for the final leg. 

I just discovered that 5108 is open for those first two legs AND 4120 is open for the middle leg. I know that we will have the wonderful AFT view from any of these cabins, but are there any side view differences on these three itineraries? I know the deck is slightly larger on Deck 5 ES2, so, my real decision should just be Port or Starboard on Deck 5. If I have to move cabins, I only want to do it once. So for Homelands and Trade Routes, any educated opinions - 5108 or 5109? TIA

2 hours ago, Microman123 said:

I'm a first time Viking Ocean cruiser embarking on the Viking Sky for three back-to-back  itineraries (Homelands, Trade Routes and Med. Odyssey) starting this August. It's a 50+ anniversary trip and we are in ES2 5109 (starboard) for the first 2 legs, and moving to 4120 (port) for the final leg. 

I just discovered that 5108 is open for those first two legs AND 4120 is open for the middle leg. I know that we will have the wonderful AFT view from any of these cabins, but are there any side view differences on these three itineraries? I know the deck is slightly larger on Deck 5 ES2, so, my real decision should just be Port or Starboard on Deck 5. If I have to move cabins, I only want to do it once. So for Homelands and Trade Routes, any educated opinions - 5108 or 5109? TIA

We’ve been on Mediterranean Odyssey in an Aft DV1 4122, and Trade Routes on a starboard DV2 on the 6th deck. IMO port or starboard is pretty irrelevant. Most of the cruise there is little land to see when at sea. The aft cabins are my favorite for the spectacular sale-away views. You can find some sail away pictures in my write up of the Mediterranean Odyssey from last year.:

IMG_1803.thumb.jpeg.b0c4f81d99b72cc83c3a3b0cae73a711.jpeg

IMG_1257.thumb.jpeg.acded4a4080ac6eb6de26d9bcc20fce7.jpeg

IMG_1135.thumb.jpeg.615190ec9b66c7d22bfa601b031f688a.jpeg

IMG_1063.thumb.jpeg.5c0e764b895903ddfc7d2073b618ae9c.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2