Anyone else with tech problem upgrading to Plus?

lorri111

Tried to upgrade to Princess Plus on both app and web last night and this morning and it said "something went wrong, try again later". So I rang Princess this morning and after 20 min of waiting she came back with tech problem at her end too. Wondering if this is an overall systems problem or just something specific to my booking.

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Tried to upgrade to Princess Plus on both app and web last night and this morning and it said "something went wrong, try again later". So I rang Princess this morning and after 20 min of waiting she came back with tech problem at her end too. Wondering if this is an overall systems problem or just something specific to my booking.

When and where is your sailing? You normally are offered to purchase plus or premier on Day1 or 2 of your cruise. If sailing soon, call Princess to verify or check if any current passengers doing a ‘live’ and ask there.

My understanding is for sailings down under, the packages for passengers in the Oz market, do not include crew appreciation since your cruise fare already has that component baked in the fare. For passengers  buying a down under cruise not using a Oz TA such as US passengers buying from Princess direct or a U.S. TA, your fares do not have crew appreciation baked in so you will be charged for CA on board. 

6 minutes ago, wallyj said:

When and where is your sailing? You normally are offered to purchase plus or premier on Day1 or 2 of your cruise. If sailing soon, call Princess to verify or check if any current passengers doing a ‘live’ and ask there.

My understanding is for sailings down under, the packages for passengers in the Oz market, do not include crew appreciation since your cruise fare already has that component baked in the fare. For passengers  buying a down under cruise not using a Oz TA such as US passengers buying from Princess direct or a U.S. TA, your fares do not have crew appreciation baked in so you will be charged for CA on board. 

It must be something specific to this booking (which is for April) because I have the option showing ok for doing the same for the Sept cruise. I rang them this morning and no luck so will try again later but it is annoying to wait on phone for 20 mins while they try to sort it out, so wondered if anyone else had encountered this.

39 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

It must be something specific to this booking (which is for April) because I have the option showing ok for doing the same for the Sept cruise. I rang them this morning and no luck so will try again later but it is annoying to wait on phone for 20 mins while they try to sort it out, so wondered if anyone else had encountered this.

Is there a specific reason you are trying to purchase Plus before your cruise?

It’s reported all over this site what a nightmare calling Princess is. There is no financial discount to purchase Plus before the cruise so why not just avoid this “annoying” calling Princess and just book it when boarding?

Cheers

2 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Is there a specific reason you are trying to purchase Plus before your cruise?

It’s reported all over this site what a nightmare calling Princess is. There is no financial discount to purchase Plus before the cruise so why not just avoid this “annoying” calling Princess and just book it when boarding?

Cheers

Actually here in Australia we seem to get through immediately, it is just the time taken to fix the problem. No reason to think it would be easier doing it on the cruise and that would be time really wasted. 

2 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Actually here in Australia we seem to get through immediately, it is just the time taken to fix the problem. No reason to think it would be easier doing it on the cruise and that would be time really wasted. 

Okay, best of luck then.

Cheers