Serenity Sailings For April and May, 2024

canescruiser

From one of the two letters which two different friends sent to me.

We thank you and your clients for choosing Crystal for their upcoming voyage. We have been closely monitoring the ongoing situation in and around the Red Sea and have been assessing all options. The number-one priority for us is the safety and security of our guests, and so we regret to tell you that we have made the unavoidable decision to cancel the upcoming voyage. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience this may cause, and would like to assure you that we are here to assist and to offer the following alternatives:

Option 1 – Your client may move to the new voyage with the revised itinerary below and:

1. Receive a refund for the adjustment of the length of voyage.

2. Receive 15% off the cruise fare if your client wishes to add on an additional segment.

3. Receive a reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses for travel*.

Revised Itinerary:

(It's in the letter but didn't copy and paste it here)

Option 2 – Receive a credit of the booking fare to use towards another sailing in 2024 and receive 15% savings on the cruise fare, subject to availability (excluding Grand Journeys and World Cruise). If the alternative voyage cost is less than the credit received, this will be credited to the guest.

Option 3 – Receive a credit of the booking fare to use towards another sailing in 2025 and receive 10% savings on the cruise fare, subject to availability (excluding Grand Journeys and World Cruise). If the alternative voyage cost is less than the credit received, this will be credited to the guest.

Out-of-Pocket Expenses – Any reasonable non-refundable expenses directly impacted by the change will be processed within 30 days of receipt of request and proof. This does not include flight credit reimbursement, partially refundable flights, loyalty program point redemptions, and non-essential pre and post accommodations. These must be submitted to: guestrelations@crystalcruises.com for review and approval.

We sincerely hope that your client will find a solution to their liking. Our Reservations Team is ready to assist when you and your client have made a decision. If no action is taken by March 22nd, 2024, the booking will be cancelled, and a Future Cruise Credit issued. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Crystal. We look forward to welcoming your guests aboard soon.

Yours gratefully,
Crystal Guest Relations

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, annlee said:

Keith,

Where do those of us who have booked/paid in full for canceled cruises, and who have flights, visas, and hotels set up, find the information you have access to? I wish Crystal would inform those of us on these cruises what is going on. Not a great feeling to find out cruisers who aren't even on these cruises have information we are not privy to.

annlee, I wanted to add that the two letters from friends I saw went to their respective agents this past Friday morning via e-mail so if you are on an impacted sailing your agent should have an e-mail with your name that the agent should send to you. It will list your cruise, the options and the new itinerary.  At least this is what I've seen for Serenity which has the majority of the impacted cruises as Symphony has the one cancelled cruise.  Again, I would start with your TA.

Keith

Hi.  In another recent thread regarding this topic someone posted that they had been booked on the Toulon to Miami cruise (which I was booked on) and received an offer of a 20% discount on another 2024 cruise.  I only received a 15% discount offer, which offer is discussed in this thread.  I have asked the poster of the 20% discount statement if they could provide further information about it, but my request wasn't that long ago and I haven't received a response yet.  I wondered whether anyone else had received or heard about a 20% discount on a 2024 cruise?  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, carsimann said:

I did respond. Don’t know why you’re not getting it. I was mistaken. Only 15%

Thanks so much.  For some reason I wasn't seeing your response on the other thread.  Appreciate your posting here.  Would have loved 20% discount, though.......

I wanted to mention that that all of the revised WC 2024 segments on board Crystal Serenity are now on the website including pricing.

Keith

https://www.crystalcruises.com/search?itineraries[refinementList][departure][0]=202404&itineraries[refinementList][departure][1]=202405&itineraries[refinementList][ship][0]=CSE&itineraries[sortBy]=sort_departure_asc

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I wanted to mention that that all of the revised WC 2024 segments on board Crystal Serenity are now on the website including pricing.

Keith

https://www.crystalcruises.com/search?itineraries[refinementList][departure][0]=202404&itineraries[refinementList][departure][1]=202405&itineraries[refinementList][ship][0]=CSE&itineraries[sortBy]=sort_departure_asc

We just finalized our booking from Las Palmas to Miami.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

By the way, the ship must be pretty full, we had a choice of only three cabins.

This makes sense.  It certainly is a popular one for those in North America who don't want to take a cruise ending in the USA and for sea day lovers as this certainly has a lot of sea days. Glad to hear you  booked it and that there were a few rooms to choose from.

Keith

7 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

This makes sense.  It certainly is a popular one for those in North America who don't want to take a cruise ending in the USA and for sea day lovers as this certainly has a lot of sea days. Glad to hear you  booked it and that there were a few rooms to choose from.

Keith

We love transatlantic crossings and the sea days.  Since we were previously booked on the crossing from Toulon, this cruise made our trip possible without flying home from Europe.  

Our trip was booked months ago and included 10 days in Greece island hopping. We replaced the Athens to Toulon  Crystal cruise with a Seabourn cruise including Turkey and several Greek islands.  We would have been happier with our original Crystal cruises but totally understand the reason for the change. All in all everything including flights ended up working and we only had to make a few modifications to our trip.

• Like 6