Reserve Collection perks

Katie N

We're 1st time cruising on a Princess ship soon.

1) Can I order the extra/special item from the Reserve Collection menu while sitting/dinning with our friends in the MDR instead of the Reserve Collection sitting area (our friends don't have Reserve Collection rooms)?

2) If we have everything ready before embarkation day (Green Lane status). On embarkation day, can we all get on board anytime or does our friends have to wait in line while we get priority embarkation?

3) If we upgrade from Plus to Premier on 2nd day of the voyage, will we be charged for the whole voyage $20x7days or only $20x6days since we didn't use Premier the 1st day?

4) My room was booked under my name and my elderly mother, but I will be staying with my husband several rooms down the hall. Will guest service be able to add room/door access to my Medallion so I can get in/out of my husband's room anytime? (For our families, we love the old fashioned card keys for anytime access!)

The only significant benefit of booking a reserve mini suite is the walk in dining in a section of the MDR. If you are on the Sun Princess there will be a separate DR just for Reserve Dining. The way you booked the cabins you and your mother will be allowed to dine in the reserve DR area. No one else. If you & your mother join them in the regular DR it's regular service and I fairly sure menu. Even if you do have the ability to get the extra dinner menu item it would be only for you and your mother.

If you are all family you will probably all be able to board together, just ask. In any case boarding is fairly quick.

You can obtain access to other cabins by visiting passenger services. Of course, the passenger(s) in that cabin will have to approve it.