Lobster in YC

rdmyrick

My wife and I have been cruising in the Haven for the past few years.  One of the perks we like is to have a special order Lobster lunch on our first day.  Will MSC allow for special order lunch or dinner request?

• 2 weeks later...

In the YC on MSC Meraviglia, there are Lobster tails free one night.  I have heard different stories about on other nights.  I know you can ask for it, I am not sure if there is an up charge. 

Edited by The Dad

Are you booked in YC? Will be interested to hear you thought svs Haven

On short sailings there is no lobster night per se. Even in YC

On week long and longer there is often 1 night a lobster tail option for entree.

I believe you can add on a lobster tail at the steak house specialty dining. 

As far as a special request-- we saw a group in YC on the Merav demand that they be able to have a special lobster dinner.... (short sailing) and kept saying well on so-n-so line--- they do it for us...

They were told they would have to pay for the case of tails --because while they had a party of 8, lobster was not being served in the YC dining for that sailing. They may quite a scene both in the lounge and again in dining that night-- were loud and boorish. FWIW, they also came dressed in shorts to dinner which is a  no-no in YC dining. We were glad when they disembarked (we had B2B2B2Bs)

All this is to say-- depends on embarkation, length of cruise etc even in YC

Edited by Fogfog

We have been cruising with MSC for many years and I’ve never had a decent piece of lobster. Sometimes they even try to pass off warm water lobster tails instead of Maine lobster tails. Butchers Cut had warm water mushy junk. The menu clearly states Coldwater Maine lobster tail, it was not. The lobster roll at Ocean Cay YC, was inedible. 

Edited by Fissues

3 hours ago, Fissues said:

The lobster roll at Ocean Cay YC, was inedible. 

This has not been my experience, we quite enjoy the lobster rolls at Ocean Cay in the YC area.  We also have had some decent lobster in the YC restaurant and on the Outdoor grill area.  .  

5 hours ago, Fissues said:

We have been cruising with MSC for many years and I’ve never had a decent piece of lobster. Sometimes they even try to pass off warm water lobster tails instead of Maine lobster tails. Butchers Cut had warm water mushy junk. The menu clearly states Coldwater Maine lobster tail, it was not. The lobster roll at Ocean Cay YC, was inedible. 

Sailing out of the US, We didn't have that issue.

The tails in YC were NOT listed as cold water Maine--  and we knew they were warm water ... Same for the steak house.  

Lobster rolls filling/lobster salad--I am guessing they buy it as vacu-sealed picked over  lobster meat like the kind we can all buy online. And likely the same purveyors as the cases of tails.

I do expect that substitutions can an will be made based on what gets put on the ship at embarkation. And shortages.

Know that to be the case with liquor and wine..and certainly for produce.