Family Harbor Suites

I have a question. We are going on the Horizon summer 2024 and have a family harbor suite. As it turns out our cabin does not have the drop down 5th bed. We have two boys who'd rather not sleep together. Does anyone know if the full bottom bed (couch/bed) can be separated into 2 beds or can it only be one larger bed?

Also, I didn't realize we were under the kitchen, whats the noise like at bedtime?

Edited by sailrprincess

We stayed in a Family Harbor Suite on the Horizon (and the same type on the Vista).  Neither time was the full bottom bed able to be separated. 

As far as the noise, we've decided not to ever stay under the kitchen again.  The only time I didn't wake up multiple time through the night was the very first night.  My wife would usually sleep through every loud noise you could think of, but on the Horizon she kept waking up to it through the night.  Made for a lot of unplanned napping throughout the daytime.   

The couch cannot be separated. It's a couch. You may consider putting your kids in their own cabin and you adults keep your cabin. That way you all have more room. 

As far as noise, you're definitely going to hear noise if you're under the galley. The galley operates all night and can get very loud. We always sleep with a TV on and even with the TV on in our cabin, it was extremely loud. 

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

The couch cannot be separated. It's a couch. You may consider putting your kids in their own cabin and you adults keep your cabin. That way you all have more room. 

As far as noise, you're definitely going to hear noise if you're under the galley. The galley operates all night and can get very loud. We always sleep with a TV on and even with the TV on in our cabin, it was extremely loud. 

This is what we did recently..the family harbor suites were crazy priced so I bought a cove balcony and the interior room across the hall.

the system won’t let you put five people in a room, so we did four in the balcony and three in the interior but all three of our nephews slept in their parents room (the balcony). If you have a group of 7 like we did; this is definitely the way to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KarmaCruisers said:

This is what we did recently..the family harbor suites were crazy priced so I bought a cove balcony and the interior room across the hall.

the system won’t let you put five people in a room, so we did four in the balcony and three in the interior but all three of our nephews slept in their parents room (the balcony). If you have a group of 7 like we did; this is definitely the way to go.

Definitely! Even as a family of 4, we do 2 cabins. Ever since my kids were about 11 we put them in their own cabin. Otherwise it gets really cramped with everyones stuff.