CAR RENTAL/ACCESSIBLE TRANSPORTATION AT HAWAII PORTS

Does anyone know what car rental companies are closest to the Princess dock in Honolulu?  Due to mobility issues we want to rent a standard SUV as we cannot travel in cars with low seats, e.g. a sedan. Cruise excursions are either sold out or will not accept a mobility device (rollator). Ideally the rental car company would pick up or shuttle from the port, but I know that is wishful thinking. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated. Actually, we would also appreciate any information of this type for Kauai and Hilo. Thank you.

FYI, I also posted this question in the Hawaii section.

While it was a number of years ago, we typically rented through Avis or Alamo, always reserving well in advance (I was a very special Alamo customer back in the day). There was shuttle pickup at all ports- we were always one of the first 3 couples ashore (our choice to maximize the day). Shuttles were usually 15-24 people vans, some with lifts, some not. For those without lifts or stairs I couldn't manage, we usually sent my wife to pick up the car and come back for me. On car drop off, we often asked for a rental car staff member to drive us to the port in the vehicle we'd rented to limit the need for another transfer or because of bus accessibility. A smile and happy attitude worked wonders, usually.

We always got the car model we wanted from Alamo, but realized that there might have been a substitute- that was part of the benefit of the special status with Alamo. Our status sadly went away after Alamo merged more deeply with Enterprise.

Bring your disabled parking placard- if it is US-issued, it is valid in Hawaii. Realize there is heavy demand for accessible parking, especially near Pearl Harbor.

Thank you @FOPMan I spent about a half hour with Alamo this morning. Unfortunately I was only able to reach the corporate office and not a local branch. The representative could not suggest which of their several locations would be closest to the port. I’m guessing the airport, but not sure. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the information.