Le Barthelemy Hotel & Spa

RBCal

Has anyone done a day trip excursion to Le Barthelemy?  It's offered on a my upcoming cruise.  Since it's rated as the best hotel in the Caribbean and costs over 2K a night I'm wondering if it's worth the money to check out the hype.

On 2/20/2024 at 3:32 PM, RBCal said:

Since it's rated as the best hotel in the Caribbean and costs over 2K a night I'm wondering if it's worth the money to check out the hype.

I don't know about best hotel in the Caribbean-- even on the island of St Barths I would put Eden Rock and The Rosewood significantly ahead of it. All of St Barths is breathtakingly expensive so don't let the room rates be a judge of quality. 

If you want hype and a great scene Eden Rock is where it's at but they don't allow day visitors-- you can just visit the restaurant and bars and the beach is free to use. Put pool and other facilities off limits. 

That being said Le Barthelemy is a nice place. We went there to eat at their restaurant Amis for lunch one day so can't speak to the rooms or pool but the location on the beach is nice and the food is good. Just keep in mind that, like any other top resort on the island, if you do a day pass you are going to be captive to $25-35 cocktails and a lunch tab for two that will well exceed $300-400. Everything is in Euros. 

Le Barthelemy is a bargain then.  Two drinks and lunch is included for $400.  It' rated #1 on Grand Cul-de-Sac on TripAdvisor.  I'll be sure to wear my ripped jeans and t-shirts.  The reaction I get from snobs will be a lot of fun.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147341-d10898501-Reviews-Le_Barthelemy_Hotel_Spa-Grand_Cul_de_Sac_St_Barthelemy.html

14 minutes ago, RBCal said:

Two drinks and lunch is included for $400.

It's not a bad deal-- I had lunch at Eden Rock (at the casual Sand Bar on the beach) and 4 drinks, large bottle of Pellegrino, personal sized pizza, gazpacho, and tuna tartare were maybe $500 US for comparison.

Just be prepared for the costs, unlike anywhere in the Caribbean-- the short ride from Gustavia to Eden Rock cost about $75 US and takes about 10 minutes-- Le Barthelemy is about double that in time and price each way.  

17 minutes ago, RBCal said:

It' rated #1 on Grand Cul-de-Sac on TripAdvisor.

Which is the small stretch of beach it is on-- not the greater island of St Barths itself. Don't get me wrong-- super nice place but didn't want the expectation set that this was the top place in the Caribbean. #5 on the island. It is the nicest by far that offers day pass access so from that perspective it's a great deal. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g147338-a_sort.POPULARITY-St_Barthelemy-Hotels.html

In case anyone else is interested in a Le Barthelemy day tour following is info

Conde Naste Celebrating Seven Years in a Row!
With immense joy and gratitude, we are thrilled to share some truly remarkable news. For the seventh consecutive year, Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa has been recognized as one of the Top 5 Best Resorts in the Caribbean in the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. Notably, we have also been named the #1 Resort in the Caribbean in 2018, 2020, and 2022

Menu

https://lebarthelemyhotel.com/files/files/menu-amis-lunch-english.pdf

While pricy the cruise excursion seems cheaper than a do it yourself tour.