P&O Barbados Info

I have posted here rather than in the Caribbean section as it directly relates to P&O

We are due to fly out on Saturday to join Britannia so I dutifully checked the pre-boarding checklist provided.  In the P&O guidance, it has a link to the app but this doesn't work for the Android app in the Google Play store (comes up with an error).

At that point I thought I would use the web form but it seems like the website has been updated and the helpful information provided to complete your application now doesn't match the web form.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but posting in case others travelling out there in the near future experience issues and think it is just them.

• Thanks 1

What app? There is no P&I app and never has been. If you mean "My Holiday", it is only a web page on the intranet and you have to use a browser to access it. Most people call it an app, which can lead to confusion with expecting something on the play store which isn't there.

15 hours ago, Thedonkeycentrehalf said:

I have posted here rather than in the Caribbean section as it directly relates to P&O

We are due to fly out on Saturday to join Britannia so I dutifully checked the pre-boarding checklist provided.  In the P&O guidance, it has a link to the app but this doesn't work for the Android app in the Google Play store (comes up with an error).

At that point I thought I would use the web form but it seems like the website has been updated and the helpful information provided to complete your application now doesn't match the web form.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but posting in case others travelling out there in the near future experience issues and think it is just them.

Is this the Barbados Immigration form you're looking to complete?

I believe everyone is referring to the Immigration form. As The donkeycentrehalf points out the P&O guidance pdf suggests using the website or the Covid times BIMsafe app.

Before setting off on your Caribbean holiday, all guests are required to complete the Barbados Immigration and Customs form. This is available through scanning the QR code above. Otherwise this can be accessed through the website (https:// travelform.gov.bb/home) or BIMsafe app (https://bimsafe.gov.bb). This form will be available to complete 72 hours prior to travel and it is strongly advised that this is completed no later than 24 hours prior to travel. Once you have completed the form, you will receive confirmation via email which will contain a QR code. (Make sure this hasn't gone to your junk folder as you will need to show this at check in before your flight to Barbados)

Edited by Mike Senior
hopefully clarification!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

What app? There is no P&I app and never has been. If you mean "My Holiday", it is only a web page on the intranet and you have to use a browser to access it. Most people call it an app, which can lead to confusion with expecting something on the play store which isn't there.

The BIMSafe App which is referred to in the Barbados joining instructions is the one which couldn't be installed on Android.

At least I have now successfully registered for our arrival on Saturday using the web form..

Edited by Thedonkeycentrehalf

3 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

Really there is very little difference in functionality between an app and a website. When comparing Princess  with P&O, you can do everything that is needed on both their systems, and the P&O non App does give you an app style screen icon, and both require wi fi access to work.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:
4 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

Really there is very little difference in functionality between an app and a website. When comparing Princess  with P&O, you can do everything that is needed on both their systems, and the P&O non App does give you an app style screen icon, and both require wi fi access to work.

Of course, yes, apps are usually a front end for a bunch of web services. The screen icon, I think, only works with Chrome as a browser, I've not noticed a way of doing it with Firefox for instance (not that it worries me). Still if you expect to download and setup an app beforehand then you will search the play store in vain.

Well Im on arvia now halfway through a 14 night Barbados arrival holiday and never completed the Barbados immigration form (I forgot all about  it) as I normally do complete it

And was never asked for it nor was it mentioned on the flight

Ps flight on Maleth was great. Loads more leg room than on our recent dreamliner flights with Virgin and Tui?

And we were in standard seats

And the staff were brilliant

Would prefer flying with them again next year ahead of Tui given the chance

No idea why people rate Tui flights so highly?

2 ladies behind us said they were absolutely dreading the flights due to things they had read on social media and will never take any notice of stuff like that again

(Will post more details and some photos  in maleth thread when I get time)

Getting ready for 710 Club shortly!!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Well Im on arvia now halfway through a 14 night Barbados arrival holiday and never completed the Barbados immigration form (I forgot all about  it) as I normally do complete it

And was never asked for it nor was it mentioned on the flight

Ps flight on Maleth was great. Loads more leg room than on our recent dreamliner flights with Virgin and Tui?

And we were in standard seats

And the staff were brilliant

Would prefer flying with them again next year ahead of Tui given the chance

No idea why people rate Tui flights so highly?

2 ladies behind us said they were absolutely dreading the flights due to things they had read on social media and will never take any notice of stuff like that again

(Will post more details and some photos  in maleth thread when I get time)

Getting ready for 710 Club shortly!!

Hi 

Going slightly off piste!

We are looking a doing a similar 14 night Barbados cruise this time next year. 

Do you mind if I ask?

Are there many children on board?

Many Thanks in advance ☺️ 

2 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Hi 

Going slightly off piste!

We are looking a doing a similar 14 night Barbados cruise this time next year. 

Do you mind if I ask?

Are there many children on board?

Many Thanks in advance ☺️ 

Plenty of kids these 2 weeks as one of the weeks is half term

And people come for a week with them or do 2 weeks and they are off school for a week. Spoke to a family of 4 doing that on  sunbeds next to us yesterday

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Thanks 1