Classic Soda Package Smoothies

MrsMechanic1

Hello! I am new here and this is my first post. I've lurked and read quite a bit, but never needed badly enough to ask a question to bother making an account. I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for so hopefully someone can help. There was one similar post back in 2022 but it didn't really answer my question.

We are going on the May 25th Enchanted Princess cruise. My husband and I have the Princess Plus package and we will put it to good use 🙂 We are bringing our 7 and 9 year old along for this one and are considering purchasing a drink package for them. The big thing for them would be the mocktails and the smoothies. I'm confused as to the description of the Classic Soda Package on Princess' website. It does not include the juice bar like the Zero-Alcohol Package, but it looks like maybe that's where the smoothies would be located? It doesn't make sense that they would specifically say (excludes Juice Bar) behind juices if this is the case. If we'd have to bump up to the Zero-Alcohol package to get smoothies we'd just skip it since it's like an $18/day jump and they can just deal with it since it's already an extra.

As an aside, have you found the Classic Soda Package to be worth it for kids if you don't care about healthy for the week and are just going to let them run wild anyways? Just knowing how cool it would have been to sit by the pool drinking a Shirley temple or strawberry daiquiri or going to dinner and being able to have a little extra special treat for a drink (soda or mocktail). I know this is different for every family, but just curious how others felt about the value of it for monetary or experience measures.

in all honesty, we never found any smoothies on Enchanted last time. Not that we went looking for them specifically.  Our kid had a Classic Soda package he put to a very good use (we didn't have packages for adults). He did enjoy all the mocktails and sodas in copious amounts (but he is a size of a small adult). His favorites are Zero Mojito and Key West Cooler (the adult version is called the Ultimate Cooler - it's super delish).

The zero proof Strawberry Daquiri is just a strawberry smoothie, imho. Zero proof Dirty Banana is just a choco-banana shake.  The bar staff can make pretty much any cocktail into a mocktail. Like zero proof Miami Vice is just a pina colada-strawberry icee.

Pssst - I'd probably not even get a separate package for your kids. Since you got a plus package for 2 adults anyway, just order non-alcoholic drinks for them. I know sharing packages is frowned upon here, but how many smoothies a day can each kid drink? One, two?

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Do compare the soda package + crew appreciation to the Plus which includes all drinks + crew appreciation + one device Medallion net (that you could use).  

she and her husband already have a Plus package each. She is asking about the kids who don't need ALL the drinks. It makes no sense to buy a $60 pppd package for a 7 yo and a 9 yo.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

in all honesty, we never found any smoothies on Enchanted last time. Not that we went looking for them specifically.  Our kid had a Classic Soda package he put to a very good use (we didn't have packages for adults). He did enjoy all the mocktails and sodas in copious amounts (but he is a size of a small adult). His favorites are Zero Mojito and Key West Cooler (the adult version is called the Ultimate Cooler - it's super delish).

The zero proof Strawberry Daquiri is just a strawberry smoothie, imho. Zero proof Dirty Banana is just a choco-banana shake.  The bar staff can make pretty much any cocktail into a mocktail. Like zero proof Miami Vice is just a pina colada-strawberry icee.

Pssst - I'd probably not even get a separate package for your kids. Since you got a plus package for 2 adults anyway, just order non-alcoholic drinks for them. I know sharing packages is frowned upon here, but how many smoothies a day can each kid drink? One, two?

I did consider just getting them one or two on our plan. If I have to go all the way to the juice bar I don't know that I'd even bother, frankly. There's plenty of other options. 

We're pretty big on vacation mentality. I'm glad there's other parents who get that, too lol. I'll keep some of these mocktails in mind for them to get! Might as well try them all! 

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

she and her husband already have a Plus package each. She is asking about the kids who don't need ALL the drinks. It makes no sense to buy a $60 pppd package for a 7 yo and a 9 yo.

I don’t know how much the soda or other drink package cost .  That’s why I suggested comparing. 

I have heard the packages other than Plus and Premier were not worth it. 

We have gotten the classic soda package for our boys every time we sail, I like the ease of them having the package so they can get drinks whenever they want they have never missed the juice bar - we let them try a few of them from our plan and honestly they liked the mocktails much better.  

We just got back. One of the mocktails is just a smoothie in a rocks glass and our 12-year old had several each day. I don’t think he repeated any of the soda-based mocktails.