Few drink related questions?

debgreg

Hi, on on Ariva end of March for our second P&O cruise, first was a few years ago on Iona. We have purchased the classic DP and wondered can you have fresh orange at breakfast on the package ? Also does anyone know if they have lime juice ( Roses or Britvic) to pop in a lager 😊 Cocktails seem extremely limited compared to our last one. Are any in the Crows nest included, as menus I have seen don’t seem to have a CorD by them.

I must say P&O have the most complicated DP I have ever come across. You can have as many small Costa coffees as you like, but you can’t have a medium that costs 30p more, when two small would cost £6+ 🤷‍♀️ We usually sail Royal or NCL where you pay for the DP and most are included, NCL free at sea is extremely good value, although RCI has massively jumped in price, so I get it’s horses for courses, but I think P&O’s complicated model must be a nightmare for the staff. 

There is only a limited range of cocktails on the classic drinks package. To get more you have to book the deluxe, which is good value if you want premium cocktails and spirits, double measures and large glasses of wine. I think fresh orange is included; I certainly had it on the deluxe package last time, but unsure about lime.

• Like 1

You can get bottles of fresh orange juice from the Costa Coffee stations on the Classic package

We’ve taken these with us to the buffet

When we ordered juice at breakfast in the MDR on Azura is was the standard stuff - tastes watered down. I guess we could have insisted on fresh but never asked

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Clodia said:

There is only a limited range of cocktails on the classic drinks package. To get more you have to book the deluxe, which is good value if you want premium cocktails and spirits, double measures and large glasses of wine. I think fresh orange is included; I certainly had it on the deluxe package last time, but unsure about lime.

Thanks, I did look at upgrading but there didn’t seem to be much more choice, are any frozen cocktails included in the classic ? Can you upgrade onboard and I presume it is only day 1 or 2 if you can. 

23 minutes ago, waddle said:

You can get bottles of fresh orange juice from the Costa Coffee stations on the Classic package

We’ve taken these with us to the buffet

When we ordered juice at breakfast in the MDR on Azura is was the standard stuff - tastes watered down. I guess we could have insisted on fresh but never asked

Great tip about the juice from Costa, I didn’t see them included on the classic menu though. When we were on Iona the frappes and juices were included 

• Like 1

I think I am getting convinced to upgrade, from some posts I have read. It is £9 a day to upgrade on the website at the minute, does anyone know how much it is onboard ? 
also can anyone answer, the do they have lime cordial question 😊

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, queeniemi said:

Can someone please explain the definition of “doubles” in the drink package?  I like 2 shots in my drinks, am I covered?

only if you get the deluxe package can you get a double shot

On 2/24/2024 at 12:24 PM, debgreg said:

I think I am getting convinced to upgrade, from some posts I have read. It is £9 a day to upgrade on the website at the minute, does anyone know how much it is onboard ? 

Thanks 

Beware. We thought we could do this when we got on board but were told we had to cancel the classic package we had already paid for (and lose the 10% + Penisular discount) and pay the full on board price for the Deluxe

For 7 nights it would have cost us over £200 difference when we were expecting the £9 pp per day! 

Needless to say we stayed with the Classic and used our OBC for any drinks that weren’t included (for us just the odd cocktail and single malt whisky at the end of the night) 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, waddle said:

Beware. We thought we could do this when we got on board but were told we had to cancel the classic package we had already paid for (and lose the 10% + Penisular discount) and pay the full on board price for the Deluxe

For 7 nights it would have cost us over £200 difference when we were expecting the £9 pp per day! 

Needless to say we stayed with the Classic and used our OBC for any drinks that weren’t included (for us just the odd cocktail and single malt whisky at the end of the night) 

I also have £9pp per day showing.  When I added it to my basket it also gave me my loyalty discount.  Is that not normal then - I've never had one of these before!

22 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I also have £9pp per day showing.  When I added it to my basket it also gave me my loyalty discount.  Is that not normal then - I've never had one of these before!

Pre boarding that sounds normal

Anything you then want to change/book when on board will be treated as a brand new booking it would seem

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks, what is the loyalty booking for, when you have peninsular points ? We only have 7 before this cruise , so I doubt we will get anything.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:41 AM, Clodia said:

I think I am definitely going to upgrade, but my son is not sure. Are all the cocktails in the restaurants, crows nest, Anderson’s etc included in the deluxe ? 

1 hour ago, debgreg said:

Thanks, what is the loyalty booking for, when you have peninsular points ? We only have 7 before this cruise , so I doubt we will get anything.

Yes it's peninsular points. If you put it in your basket and view it you will see if there is a discount before check out .  Mine came up at £252 and then reduced with my percentage. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 12:24 PM, debgreg said:

Thanks 

Concerning the lime cordial query. There was a blog on this board recently that mentioned lime cordial several times, sadly I cannot remember the title of the thread. But the gist of it was that P&O were charging a ridiculous amount of money for a measure of lime in a glass of soda. It was so outrageous that they met with the manager who agreed they were being charged the wrong amount and produced a 'chitty' to take with them to show the bar staff what the charge should be any time they ordered lime and soda. Someone else may be able to guide you to the thread.

So, it does prove that it is available on board P&O ships - but it may cost a lot. But I assume it will be included in your drinks package, but watch out anyone not on the package !!! 🤯

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, enjoysailing said:

Concerning the lime cordial query. There was a blog on this board recently that mentioned lime cordial several times, sadly I cannot remember the title of the thread. But the gist of it was that P&O were charging a ridiculous amount of money for a measure of lime in a glass of soda. It was so outrageous that they met with the manager who agreed they were being charged the wrong amount and produced a 'chitty' to take with them to show the bar staff what the charge should be any time they ordered lime and soda. Someone else may be able to guide you to the thread.

So, it does prove that it is available on board P&O ships - but it may cost a lot. But I assume it will be included in your drinks package, but watch out anyone not on the package !!! 🤯

Thanks, funny I have just read that it was a review of Iona I think. They always had it on Royal ships out of Southampton, but on Anthem last year none.