Just curious regarding Roll Call

Not having seen one, back in August I started a Roll Call for our June 5 Alaska cruise.  I know it was early, but figured people would jump on over time.  To date, no one else has joined.  On our previous (old) Crystal cruises, the roll calls were quite active.  I do realize only a small percentage of passengers are participants in CC,but still...  Are Regent cruisers generally not as active in Roll Calls, or is this just a one-off?

I have only ever cruised Regent so I don’t have direct knowledge but I think many people on other lines use roll calls to arrange cost-sharing on excursions. Since most Regent cruisers use excursions managed by Regent cost-sharing is not an issue. 

More specifically to Alaska cruising I think it’s often the gateway cruise for newbies(it certainly was for us). On our first cruise we met very few experienced Regent cruisers and nobody who was on CC. 

I have had similar experiences (not much activity) on several Regent CC Roll Calls. I suspect it may be because excursions are included. The Roll Calls for other cruise lines we've sailed are filled with folks trying to share excursion prices and excursion information. Just a guess. 

We have sailed on many of the luxury brand cruise lines and I also have found that Regent has the least amount of people participating in the roll calls.  I haven't found that most people join to share excursion information.  Viking excursions are free and Viking roll calls always have a lot of people on roll call and they are usually very active.  I have no idea why but it appear not as much interest on Regent.

Sharon 

• Like 1

We had a good turn out on our roll call (Oct 2019 though!) - enough to request a private cocktail party on board.  I'm not sure if my activity starting the roll call and getting the cocktail party going was the reason - but we were invited to dine with ship staff on 2 different occasions.  This was our first Regent cruise - so I don't know what normally happens.

Jerie

• Like 1

I started a roll call for a cruise starting in Reykjavik at the end of July and we have only had 5 or 6 folks look at it so I am having the same experience.  And the old Crystal boards (non roll calls) were a lot more active than the Regent boards although things really got cooking there when Crystal went in the Assignment for Benefit of Creditors and people were losing money left and right.

• Like 1