Oceania Excursions over credits

26 minutes ago, Aiken Adventurers said:

We are booking excursions on next Oceania cruise and have exceeded the credits and are asked to pay by credit card.  If we alter/cancel an excursion, how does Oceania handle credit card credit?

If paid for by CC than refunded to credit card....if refund exceeds amount paid by credit card than that difference will be returned to your credits to be used on another excursion (if SM) or on anything onboard (if not SM credit)

Edited by basor

Good luck.   I had a port cancelled by Oceania and been working for 2 weeks to get both the Credit amount as well as the additional amount which was charged to my Credit Card.    I'm new to Oceania and have to say I am not impressed with their "Customer Service".  

I will be calling for a 4th time tomorrow and if they don't fix it, I will be disputing the amount on my Credit Card.

BTW -  there is no way to cancel or re-book yourself via their website.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

In my experience, O doesn’t link excursions with credits. The first ones bought are paid for with the SM credit.  The first one(s) cancelled are deemed to be paid by credit card or other credits.  O cancelled the first excursion we selected, and which had been covered by our SM credit, but refunded its value up to the amount we had paid for excursions via our credit card.  The balance went back into our SM excursion credit. Cancellations while onboard may be handled differently.

The credit card payment was refunded in a few days.

• Thanks 2

I can’t stop wondering why Oceania made booking/canceling their excursions so complicated both online and over the phone as well. Just off the phone with Oceania today trying to make changes to the excursion that we booked before SM was implemented. We kept OLife with free tours. Out of five tours I had booked three were free with OLife, the other two were paid by SBC and credit card. I needed to buy one additional tour in the new port and change one tour to another one in the other port. Simple, right…obviously not really. All that could be done only by calling Oceania, not possible to do it online. The attempt by the representative to perform this simple task created a whole mess in the Oceania system. It’s not reasonable to provide all the details here, but I can tell that it took long time, involving the web support, to clear this mess and find the solution how to book the tours that I wanted, apply 25% discount, and keep the OLife three most expensive ones free. One would never guess it was almost impossible to complete. Yes…we have a TA, but I prefer to book excursions myself to control the process and avoid miscommunications.

All that said, our cruise is in April and we are looking forward to it. Hopefully, the onboard experience will be as good as it used to be on the many cruises that we had with Oceania .

I called today since I had not been credited back for a booked excursion - Oceania change the port.  

The call went through on the 1st ring and the agent was very helpful and cancelled the excursions returning my OBC and refunding the overage to my Credit Card.

My booking is under Simply More - She confirmed that the $600 Excursion Credit could only be used for excursions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1