Amsterdam disembarkation

Hello, everyone,

Has anyone here disembarked in Amsterdam recently? If so, I wonder if you wouldn't mind sharing how the process went for you and what time you were able to leave the ship. My wife and I know both the city and airport extremely well, and of course the cruise docks right next to the main train station, which is only a 15 minute train ride from the airport, so we certainly know how to get there. Just want to know how quick they are at getting the ship unloaded. Assuming that the port operates with typical Dutch efficiency, I am confident that, with a 7 am scheduled arrival and 9 am "everyone must be off the ship" time, we'll be at the airport in plenty of time for our flight. But if anyone has had a different experience here recently, I'd love to know about it while there's still time to change our flight.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Henk123 said:

Are you sure the port will be Amsterdam or will it become IJmuiden?

I think you are asking this for your flighttime?

It's for sure Amsterdam. Confirmed it on the port's own web site.

Yes, asking for the my flight time. I know for sure that if we're off the ship by 9 am, that leaves way more than enough time for us to make our flight. Just wondering if anyone has recently experienced delays in the port of Amsterdam that resulted in a later-than-scheduled disembarkation.

• We have both boarded and disembarked at Amsterdam.  It has been a few years, but I doubt it has changed dramatically.

You mention the dock right next to the main train station.  Although not a long distance trek, it is at least a 1/2 mile if you plan to walk. 

Easy walking, but if you are dragging a couple of bulky suitcases ... it can be problematic, especially when you get to the section that goes under the train tracks.

If you are taking a cab, no issues.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply. We typically travel carry-on (four-wheeled plus a backpack on top), and may have a small duffel for overflow, and are accustomed to schlepping a bit (airline employee and spouse). So we should be OK but if we find ourselves overburdened we will certainly not shy away from using a cab to at least get to the Central Station. Our main concern is making sure we can get off the ship in time, but even a 9:30 disembarkation would leave us plenty of time for our 1 pm flight, so I'm going to stop worrying about it and return to looking forward to our trip!

Edited by Chateaunole-du-pape