Segway Tours

rjack22

Has anyone done the Segway tour of Old San Juan?   We are interested in doing this.   We will be 72 and 73 when we go but are active.   I read that the balls of your feet may hurt because of leaning forward and your metatarsals are not accustomed to weight there.   Also you are standing for 2 hours and is that a problem normally?   Did you feel "safe" riding a Segway?   Any input would be appreciated.

We are doing this in early April.  We have ridden Segways before at other ports.  We are 61.  I found it extremely fun.  My wife took a little while to feel comfortable on them - but got there.  The balance is the issue, as you lean forward to go forward/accelerate and lean back to slow/stop or even reverse.  If your balance is weak you may struggle.  On our past experiences, we got off the segways to see various sites along our tours, so it was not constant standing on them without moving. But you are on your feet the entire time, so if you could not go shopping on your feet for two hours, you would also struggle at this, but if two hours on your feet shopping or such is no problem, I would say you should be fine. 

we will be here in April and looking for something to do. We did Segways in SanFrancisco . It took a little bit to get used to and they do a little training before the tour. What company did you find?

We did this back in 2019 and it was fabulous.  I have done them a number of times different places, first time for the wife here.

They spend some time getting everyone trained up and comfortable.

The one challenge here is you will be going up some very steep terrain.  Down was very gradual however.  

We felt very safe the entire time - quite a range of ages as well.  It was a great way to see a lot of things, and the guide was very informative.  Many short stops to discuss what you are seeing and hear some of the history.

Enjoy!  It very good (I am assuming there is only one).

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

How long did your feet hurt?   Were they okay the next day?  I don't want to do something that will mess up my walking ability for the rest of the cruise.