Price reduction compensation/FCC allowed only once?

Ozzieru1e

I read NCL allows only one request for price reduction compensation after final payment.  Are there any other compensation other than FCC given after additional price reduction occurs after final payment?  The first reduction of $20 occurred Fall of 2023 which was not worth the effort to call NCL.  Much to my surprise additional Haven price reductions are occurring after I already received $220 FCC.  I noticed if I had waited longer I could have received $620 FCC…boohoo‼️.  The cruise isn’t until May 2024 so I guess I called NCL too soon…lessons learned

Prior to final payment, you can reprice as many times as you see a price difference.

After final payment, they may offer a 1-time courtesy offer of FCC or an upgrade. So yes, lesson learned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Prior to final payment, you can reprice as many times as you see a price difference.

but whenever you re-price you also accept the offers available at the time of the re-price.  If those offers are better, all the better.  But if they're worse, oops...

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

After final payment, they may offer a 1-time courtesy offer of FCC or an upgrade. So yes, lesson learned.

NCL is offering upgrade bids for Haven suites but so far even with the reduced prices many suites still appear available.  The prices are so high other cruise lines are offering better deals.  I expect there will be further price drops…

Thanks for info.

On 2/28/2024 at 6:04 PM, Ozzieru1e said:

The cruise isn’t until May 2024 so I guess I called NCL too soon…lessons learned

You can’t know when you call whether it’s too soon. You wisely decided to pass on the $20 price drop, and you acted when you thought it worth it to do so.  Don’t beat yourself up. It’s entirely possible you may have lost out had you not acted when you did. 

• Like 2

Price on our cruise has gone down several $100 since final payment and I'm tempted to ask for a better cabin as opposed to FCC or something else.  However, I also have bids in on upgrades and am concerned if I move cabins those upgrade "requests" will become invalid since the cabin # on which they are based will change.  

25 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Price on our cruise has gone down several $100 since final payment and I'm tempted to ask for a better cabin as opposed to FCC or something else.  However, I also have bids in on upgrades and am concerned if I move cabins those upgrade "requests" will become invalid since the cabin # on which they are based will change.  

If you change cabins you should get another chance to bid, based on the new cabin. Options and prices would probably change, assuming you are upgrading to another category.  If they don't send you an invitation, you can go to the plusgrade site to bid.

18 minutes ago, boxedmoon said:

Has anyone gotten a FCC for a price drop after final payment and had the BOGO air promo?

I'm not sure what they would say. The flughts haven't been ticketed yet.

Once the BOGO offer is gone (day 110), they will include the current cost of airfare in their calculations so chances are slim to none that your current price, overall, will be lower.

And even if the BOGO offer is in effect they don't bother to check.  I recently requested FCC when the BOGO offer was still valid and per their guidelines I should have been eligible. When I called, they said no, the airfare had increased. Nope, it was exactly the same and the person had to talk to their supervisor, came back and said they'd submit my request. But then I got a very quick canned response, to the tune of no, because the fare hadn't gone down and/or the airfare had increased. Nope, wrote back and still denied. Note to self: ALWAYS take a screen shot!

• Thanks 1

My travel agent just called NCL about a price drop of $230 on my May cruise. NCL said they would not notify me until after my cruise is completed if I was approved for a FCC and for how much.

is that standard policy? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

19 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

My travel agent just called NCL about a price drop of $230 on my May cruise. NCL said they would not notify me until after my cruise is completed if I was approved for a FCC and for how much.

is that standard policy? 

Nope. They notify you shortly after you make your request.

3 hours ago, Grumpella said:

is that standard policy? 

That didn’t occur with my request for my May cruise.  I received email the same day approving my FCC request.  

4 hours ago, Grumpella said:

is that standard policy? 

The email I received titled “Price Drop Inquiry” indicated as a one-time goodwill gesture NCL FCCs will become active upon completion of current sailing and will be valid for sailings within 12 months from the scheduled date of debarkation.

• 3 weeks later...

As reference I received my FCC today for a May 2024 cruise. I have learned from this site that around 60 days is probably the point that it starts getting "iffy" not to pull the trigger. I learned to monitor after final payment. The FCC at just over 60 days was twice the price drop at 90 days. Also, when I check prices I phantom book to make sure that there is more than 1 of my room type available. If there is only one room left it may warrant asking for the FCC earlier. You also want to make sure that you received the FCC email from the "pricedrop@ncl.com" sending address.