Question Regarding Deposits for Suite Bookings and Change Fees

Couldn't find the answer, so asking here.

For suite bookings with the 10% NRD, how is removal of guests handled in regards to deposit amounts?

For example if booking 3 guests in a suite which total cruise fare is $5000 ($500 deposit), what happens to the deposit amount if you:

1. Drop the 3rd guest from the reservation

2. Drop the 2nd and 3rd guest from the reservation

The reason I ask is because I'm wondering whether dropping all but 1 passenger prior to changing the ship and/or sail date would allow the original deposit amount to be retained while only requiring a $100 change fee rather than $300 when changing the reservation while 3 guests are on it.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Couldn't find the answer, so asking here.

For suite bookings with the 10% NRD, how is removal of guests handled in regards to deposit amounts?

For example if booking 3 guests in a suite which total cruise fare is $5000 ($500 deposit), what happens to the deposit amount if you:

1. Drop the 3rd guest from the reservation

2. Drop the 2nd and 3rd guest from the reservation

The reason I ask is because I'm wondering whether dropping all but 1 passenger prior to changing the ship and/or sail date would allow the original deposit amount to be retained while only requiring a $100 change fee rather than $300 when changing the reservation while 3 guests are on it.

Their deposit amount for "dropped" guests gets applied to the first 2 guests or first guest as the case may be.  Whether you get charged a $100 change fee or a $300 change fee depends on the agent you get and whether they review the original booking or not

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Their deposit amount for "dropped" guests gets applied to the first 2 guests or first guest as the case may be.  Whether you get charged a $100 change fee or a $300 change fee depends on the agent you get and whether they review the original booking or not

Insightful info as always! Thank you