Shore things sold out from the outset ???!!!

My Virgin App advised that the shore things for my cruise, slated for reservations starting tomorrow, were open around 8 PM tonight, so slightly early. Scrolling down to the one I am interested, I see all of them grayed-out. I know we have to book early but having EVERYTHING sold out at the first minute they are released is a joke ! Each of them says to check back soon to see if they become available, or something like this. I know top tier cruise reservations like Rock Star status have first pick but they can't have booked ALL EXCURSIONS ! 

Is this how they appear before midnight of the set day of the reservations hence, I have to wait until 12:01 or something ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jon81uk said:

It’s because you are too early. Check again tomorrow 

Thanks, It was alarming to see that they list the excursions before the deadline but show them as sold out ! I did book my shore thing after the set date & time. Thanks 

And even if things DO end up sold out, keep checking back because they will add times, and people change their plans and cancel. I was disappointed when I looked at excursions like 3 days after they opened and a few that we were interested in were sold out, but I checked again like a month later and they were back! So I cancelled my back up plan and rebooked.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 11:14 AM, aqlollipop said:

And even if things DO end up sold out, keep checking back because they will add times, and people change their plans and cancel. I was disappointed when I looked at excursions like 3 days after they opened and a few that we were interested in were sold out, but I checked again like a month later and they were back! So I cancelled my back up plan and rebooked.

Assume once you embark, you can check with guest services to see if any excursions have opened up because of cancellations?

2 hours ago, kiefaber455 said:

Assume once you embark, you can check with guest services to see if any excursions have opened up because of cancellations?

Yes--big red desk on deck 7 on embarkation day or sailor services on deck 5 after that.  The good thing is that if you book after boarding, you can pay for your excursions with loot.