Advice on Dining Package

Fairly new to Royal Caribbean and considering buying the ultimate dining package. 

Asking for frequent cruises to convince me that the UDP is worth the stress and anxiety.

I’m not particularly impressed with the process of how to get reservations.  I don’t like rushing to get on the ship with the crowds.  Will be choosing the last boarding to avoid as much of the chaos as possible.  Late boarding a priority for us.  However, late boarding is put us at a disadvantage for getting these reservations.  Plus, running around the ship to get these reservations just seems counterproductive of a relaxing vacation.  I just want grab a drink and relax for a bit.

We typically do a majority speciality dining as we feel like.  Understanding that reservations fill up quickly for prime time, we usually have zero issue getting the 5pm or 9pm ones on other cruiselines (typically grab the 9pm).  

We also plan to do lunch each sea day in each restaurant (are these easier to get last minute?).

Paying full price isn’t an issue either.  I like saving money, but I’d rather have dinner the night that I want and plan it around the show times if we want see the shows.  

Because it’s too early to know what the show times and dates might be, it makes it difficult to buy a la carte dinner reservations in advance (though we’re not opposed to it either if the likelihood of getting day of reservations is too slim).

I guess this is where you guys come in with advice.

Are reservations all booked up by the first night with other UDPers?  

Do they set aside reservations for those us willing to pay full price?

Is buying a la crate now a better option and hoping we don’t overlap with a show we want to see?

Or is UDP the only way to go and I’m gonna have suck up boarding with the crowds and fight to get to the restaurant stand ASAP?

Which is the best/least stressful option for us?

I’m not in a suite, so I don’t have the concierge option.  

I feel stressed out just typing this.  All I wanna do is relax, and not chase dinner or show times.

Thanks I’m advance everyone!