Labadee?

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They didn’t surround a ship; good lord. 
A couple dozen fishing boats moored in the channel so a ship could not approach; this was a PEACEFUL protest against the Haitian government and fuel prices. Royal did not dock that one day 

I agree not to position yourself in a position with a high rate of failure. Currently the failure rate at Labadee is 0%

You are all in on this topic...makes one wonder why? It seems it is in your best interest to tout Labadee as the safest place on earth. Are you compensated by Royal Caribbean for posting positive views on this topic? Here is the latest news...Violence is battering Haiti's fragile economy and causing food and water shortages (yahoo.com)

• Like 4

I admit i have not read all 13 pages on this topic but i do not get why some people think they are in danger on labadee. You do realize that recently two women from a cruise ship were actually raped in nassau. Cruise ship passengers have actually reported rapes, muggings, pick pockets, assaults, in places like nassau, jamaica, trinidad and tobago and yet the cruise lines still go there. Now tell me how many cruise passengers have been raped, mugged, assaulted, in labadee. I would guess zero since it is a protected compound. Yes what is happening in port au prince is terrible. The gangs are fighting for territory and control of the city. There is a fuel shortage so i highly doubt the gangs will waste fuel driving hours on end to get a cruise ship. I would also bet that RCL probably has spotters along the only road in or out and if they got word that a caravan of gangs was driving towards labadee they could evacuate everybody before they arrived. Yes the people in haiti are desperate for food but guess what that is all over the Caribbean. Do you see the people standing outside the port zones in places like falmouth. The reason is they are trying to make any money to eat its not because they are rich. Unfortunately poverty is all over the Caribbean.