Last Minute Excursions

Going on our first Regent cruise coming up on April 1st. Made all our excursion choices almost a year ago. I have viewed YouTubes recently which showed some excursions previous passengers have taken. I wish I would have thought of this information source a year ago. What I am wondering, do past passengers find that some people cancel their original excursion choices either on board or just before boarding? To be more specific, are these cancellations for excursions that had a fee associated with it? Also do past passengers find that Regent adds some last minute excursions?

At this point,  you won’t see much change on the website.  However, once you get in the room and before you unpack.  Locate your excursion  tickets and the descriptions.  Do a very quick review and run to destinations  services to modify, change, etc.   There will be a line,  but getting yourself added to a waitlist is helpful. Check back a day later also.  

You may also find that the 9:30 departure has turned into a 7:00 departure,  which is not to your liking! Also, these description have much better details than what you read online.  Good luck.  

51 minutes ago, sabrefan said:

Going on our first Regent cruise coming up on April 1st. Made all our excursion choices almost a year ago. I have viewed YouTubes recently which showed some excursions previous passengers have taken. I wish I would have thought of this information source a year ago. What I am wondering, do past passengers find that some people cancel their original excursion choices either on board or just before boarding? To be more specific, are these cancellations for excursions that had a fee associated with it? Also do past passengers find that Regent adds some last minute excursions?

In our experience, 11 Regent cruises, new tours are rarely added, unless port changes are made.

It is common for passengers to cancel their tours, up to the time to disembark for them. You can let Destination services know you are interested in a specific sold out tour and they will contact you if the waitlist clears.
You can also go to the theater and check with Destination services as they are announcing the tour departures and ask if there are any last minute cancellations.