New promotion soon to come

oddjob16

We have tracked a cruise on Journey for september 2024. Noticed that they have just raised the price with 40% on a veranda stateroom. The cruise is basically half full. This would probably indicate that a promotion is under way «discounting» it back to the old price. We have seen it before…..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I follow prices too, and while we are fully booked for the rest of the year, I like your logic. Could you please tell us how you know the cruise is half full? We have a lot of folks in the audience trying to figure out which rooms are free for booking on Azamara. It used to be very easy to do, now it's almost impossible with their new software system.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

We have tracked a cruise on Journey for september 2024. Noticed that they have just raised the price with 40% on a veranda stateroom. The cruise is basically half full. This would probably indicate that a promotion is under way «discounting» it back to the old price. We have seen it before…..

Is this the September 21st cruise?  Prices were really low when the new itineraries were released.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, laurieb said:

Is this the September 21st cruise?  Prices were really low when the new itineraries were released.

Yes it is. It is a replecement cruise when they changed Journey's itinerary to US east coast for fall of '24. Original price was acceptable, not very low. Now it is over what we would be willing to pay. 

Edited by oddjob16

3 hours ago, Dr H said:

I follow prices too, and while we are fully booked for the rest of the year, I like your logic. Could you please tell us how you know the cruise is half full? We have a lot of folks in the audience trying to figure out which rooms are free for booking on Azamara. It used to be very easy to do, now it's almost impossible with their new software system.

Same here. We have four cruises booked so it was not something we were seriously considering. Just saw the increase and thought: «here we go again». I can be wrong of course, but I would expect another promo anytime now.

One of the online TAs revealing available staterooms have been mentioned here before, but alas I don’t think it is in line with CC policy to give the name here.

The Onward cruise for 11/24 increase about 30% w/o OBC. I also tracked the Journey "replacement" cruise and got a good price when they first listed it. I put a hold on it; however, our TA got an even lower price. A few days later they offered $750 OBC. Our TA was able to also get that.

1 hour ago, oddjob16 said:

Yes it is. It is a replecement cruise when they changed Journey's itinerary to US east coast for fall of '24. Original price was acceptable, not very low. Now it is over what we would be willing to pay. 

I have friends that got an owners suite for an excellent price!!

• Like 1

Kevin, I've got a similar story re lower price followed by credit. I suspect your TA is the same one I use here in Atlanta. And yes OJ, I've had my wrists slapped because I alluded to the name of my TA. Naturally, I won't do that again, but will say the TA I use on line no longer shows vacant rooms on Azamara as they used to. Guess I have to do some detective work.

On 3/5/2024 at 8:05 AM, Dr H said:

Could you please tell us how you know the cruise is half full? 

While I can't mention specific TA's by name, if you check the major internet TA sites, some show all of the cabins available.  We recently checked one of our upcoming cruises and posted our shock at how few cabins were booked (Journey, late this year).

• Thanks 1