Symphony - April 6, 2024

Sailing on Symphony April 6, 2024 and show reservations have not be offered as of today March 5th. Just checking to make sure if any of you sailing that week are experiencing the same thing. Making sure I haven't overlooked the reservations. 

1 hour ago, RWMike said:

Same here, patiently waiting. Also still waiting on cruise doc's.

I've already filled out and printed our cruise docs but not luggage tags.

8 hours ago, RWMike said:

Show reservations now open.

I went into the app and the Crown and Anchor site but reservations still not showing up for me. I called RCCL direct and the representative booked them for me. We are doing a B2B and the March 31st cruise opened up on the Crown and Anchor site the 1st of February.  Curious.....

57 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

A little off topic but I am on Symphony right now and having a great time. I did a 7 day cruise on Icon last month, but based on this cruise I still prefer Oasis class ships. 

Woohoo, I love Symphony. My favorite Royal ship. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Me and the friends I am cruising with prefer Oasis class ships (we were on Icon together last month). 

I have not been on Icon. What do you all like better about the Oasis class? Like what are the differences with Icon that you like more on the Oasis ships? Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, blueslily said:

I have not been on Icon. What do you all like better about the Oasis class? Like what are the differences with Icon that you like more on the Oasis ships? Thanks so much!

There are two things I really like on Oasis class ships that Icon doesn’t have: the Solarium and The Boardwalk. I spend a lot of time in these areas during a cruise. Icon has an adult only area called the Hideaway, but it is nothing like the Solarium. The Hideaway is loud due to its location (by the water slides and flowrider) and it is more or less a party atmosphere with music and people drinking in the pool. There is nothing wrong with that, but I like having a quieter place where I can layout, relax and read. There really isn’t a place like that on Icon (the Cloud 19 area is close but there were always lots of kids there in the pool during our cruise). And the boardwalk area doesn’t exist on Icon since it was replaced with Surfside, which is all about kids and family. 

Keep in mind we are in our late 50s. Someone younger and especially someone with kids would probably feel a lot different than I do about Icon. RCI constantly states how Icon is for families and no doubt in my mind they nailed that with Icon. 

The one area I loved on Icon was the promenade. It is huge and more importantly you can see the water outside the ship in several areas. We are on Symphony right now and the promenade looks and feels small compared to Icon. 

18 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There are two things I really like on Oasis class ships that Icon doesn’t have: the Solarium and The Boardwalk. I spend a lot of time in these areas during a cruise. Icon has an adult only area called the Hideaway, but it is nothing like the Solarium. The Hideaway is loud due to its location (by the water slides and flowrider) and it is more or less a party atmosphere with music and people drinking in the pool. There is nothing wrong with that, but I like having a quieter place where I can layout, relax and read. There really isn’t a place like that on Icon (the Cloud 19 area is close but there were always lots of kids there in the pool during our cruise). And the boardwalk area doesn’t exist on Icon since it was replaced with Surfside, which is all about kids and family. 

Keep in mind we are in our late 50s. Someone younger and especially someone with kids would probably feel a lot different than I do about Icon. RCI constantly states how Icon is for families and no doubt in my mind they nailed that with Icon. 

The one area I loved on Icon was the promenade. It is huge and more importantly you can see the water outside the ship in several areas. We are on Symphony right now and the promenade looks and feels small compared to Icon. 

Thank you so much. Very helpful. Enjoy your cruise.