Cruise Lines with no Single supplement

On 3/6/2024 at 4:54 PM, SeaSirenVoyager said:

This is great to know, where did you go with Star Clippers? What cruise and when was it? What was the itinerary, it definitely helps to get a better picture. I know, I am asking many questions, I am just trying to learn from you.

I have used Star Clipper no solo add on for 5 cruises, 4 to Caribbean and 1 to Costa Rica.  Not a regular cruise line but I loved them and you can go to their website and look under specials for no solo add on, not as many listed as in years past but doable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know when I sailed on HAL and Princess there was little or no solo activities. Cunard, Regent, and Oceania are having reduced  solo supplements, although they are more expensive cruise lines.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2024 at 9:18 AM, muttley said:

I look for the best price and usually that is not a no single supplement cruise. I'll take a cruise that is $400 and a $200 supplement over a $1000 no supplement similar cruise. MSC is far and away the best cruise line for lowest prices for solos in the usa imho. They are coming to Galveston  nov 2025 with a new terminal.

MSC has daily meet ups for solo passengers and solo cabins but not a dedicated solos lounge like some NCL ships have. The first one is almost always hosted by a crew member and if they feel good you might get free cheap booze if you don't already have a booze package. They usually have that first meeting a chocolate cake or finger foods and sandwiches that are very very good.  But honestly the solo cabins on MSC aren't as comfortable as NCL. Many solos take other cabins and sometimes insides can be less and even outside rarely cheaper when still available and solo is filled up and what the solos were going for. The biggest complaints of the cabins are the beds are too low and the matress is lousy but there are others like the layout is bad for moving around and using draws etc... Insides are so much better.

Thank you for the MSC info... I'm traveling MSC in September in a solo cabin.  We'll see how the cabin is, but the price was really amazing - I usually don't stay in the room except for sleeping / getting ready to go out, so I'm hopeful that it will be good enough..  For a 7 day cruise to Bermuda (with 3 days in Bermuda!) it started at $300ish if they pick your room, but a little extra if you want to pick your own room.  I'm paying $359 (picking my own room) + $170 fees, which is amazing for 7 days.  That's good to know they have solo get togethers.  I have a husband so I'm not single, but definitely traveling solo.  I'm also hoping that I can meet someone who may be willing to share a Lyft or Uber back to LGA at the end of the cruise 🙂

• Like 3