Including companions in new app.

I just did this recently, but as we have been moving I cannot guarantee that my memory on the process is entirely correct.  🙃

I think I just went to the dining reservations (even though I am on the Sun in October and can't yet make reservations) and picked a random restaurant.  Then I hit the button with the pencil and either used the search function or the little person with a plus sign up in the top right corner and added our friend.  It does look like when the time comes to make the dining reservations, I will have to hit the button with the pencil and check her name if she will be joining us for that particular meal.  

Hopefully, I more or less remembered the correct procedure.  

Posted (edited)

We linked our reservations.  When it unlinked called Princess to fix.  When the Princess system on board crashed simply went to the restaurant together.  Was sorted in under 2 minutes.

The maitre d at each restaurant were. very accomodating.

The apps, both old and new on my phone are, IMO  awful.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

1 hour ago, hubcruiser said:

Thank your for the input. I am looking to add companions simply to keep track of their locations and to chat. Any suggestions?

Wait till you are on board.  2 or 3 tech people on board every cruise to assist with exactly that.

Sort of like looking at menus 6 months ahead.  Late afternoon on boarding day we go with friends and handcthem our phones.

No stress. 

Same here. We want to add our daughter & sil as our companions like we did on the old app. I was told we have to wait until we're onboard, unlike the old app where they could be added well before the cruise.