Gem Deck 11 Noise Levels

Posted (edited)

All of the Club Balcony suites on the Norwegian Gem are on Deck 11 and my concern is the noise level due to the pool, restaurants, etc. on the deck above. Would you please share your recommendations for quiet cabins - if such a thing exists on Deck 11? If the deck is likely to be loud, I'll probably go to a lower deck. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Outlaw Cruiser 400U

@Outlaw Cruiser 400U Welcome to Cruise Critic, we stayed on deck #11 on time, portside, somewhere near the galley for the buffet ( can't find the cabin number ). Some noise while cleaning, moving / dragging of equipment but the biggest issue was the hot water or the lack of it while they were cleaning.

Quick question, how nimble are you? Getting in and out of that bathtub was a killer, especially for my 5-foot wife.

Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outlaw Cruiser 400U said:

All of the Club Balcony suites on the Norwegian Gem are on Deck 11 and my concern is the noise level due to the pool, restaurants, etc. on the deck above. Would you please share your recommendations for quiet cabins - if such a thing exists on Deck 11? If the deck is likely to be loud, I'll probably go to a lower deck. Thanks for your help!

On the starboard side, cabins 11002-11022 are all under the hair salon, library, card room, amd photo studio. Three of those cabins, 11006, 11012, and 11018 are family suites. The rest are club balconies. I would highly recommend any of these cabins, as there is virtually no noise from above.

On the port side, 11500,11502,and 11504 are under the spa area. Recommended. Cabins 11506 to 11522 are under the fitness center. Not recommended. Someone running on a treadmill or dropping weights at six in the morning is not how I'd wish to be woken up!

The rest of deck eleven is a crapshoot. Some quiet, some not so. Depends on what area your cabin is under. Being under LaCucina is usually pretty quiet. Happy Sailing! And welcome to Cruise Critic!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andoria said:

I decided to go with a regular balcony because I was concerned with the noise.  I like cabins above and below me.

I think that’s a wise decision. Booking under noisy or potentially noisy public spaces is a crapshoot. Who wants to spend the pre-cruise time worrying about these things. 

• Like 2