Golf in Cozumel/Ferry to Playa del Carmen

JENXYZ1234

Looks like the one island course is closed. There appears to be three courses in playa del Carmen. Hard rock looks pretty close to where the ferry comes in. Anyone been to hard rock? Arranged the ferry independently? We would be a few couples and the men would golf and women would beach. Not sure if it’s better for us to all go over or just the golfers… if it’s worth it… I have all the questions 🙂

I’ve only been once and while I’m pretty good on boats I remember getting sick on that ferry. But I love arranging golf in new places for my husband! We are there in late December if that’s a factor. 

Please share golf, ferry, Hard Rock, and other experiences and opinions.

thanks! 

Yes Hard Rock in Playacar is your best bet. Great 18-hole course just a 5 - 10 minute taxi from the PDC ferry terminal. 
All-inclusive price (green fees, cart, food and drinks) is $250/pp. Add $50/pp for club rental, $15/pp for shoes. Bring your own balls, gloves, and tees.

https://hotel.hardrock.com/riviera-maya/world-class-golf.aspx

Great course and you will enjoy your day. The ferry crossing can be rough, just depends on the conditions. When conditions are extreme (a Norte coming through) the ports and ferries are closed, as has happened twice this year. Other than that we’d have no concern with this self-excursion, as long as your port times are long enough?

Taxi would be ~$150 pesos each way…

Meant to add the risk is if you cannot get there and you reserve a tee time, with a cancellation within 14 days you forfeit the entire $$ payment. 

You can email just prior to your cruise and ask if you can just show up if not a busy day too…Or reserve last minute after checking the weather…