How is Embarkation from New York these days?

Hi Carnival Cruisers,

I haven't seen any Venezia reviews lately.  How is the embarkation process in NYC these days?  

What I'm particularly curious about are the long lines outside, I will have a nervous tween with me and need to prepare her a bit.  We have priority, but if I understand it, we have to line up for security first and then the priority kicks in when we get into the terminal, correct?

Thanks, 

PM

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PammyMouse said:

Hi Carnival Cruisers,

I haven't seen any Venezia reviews lately.  How is the embarkation process in NYC these days?  

What I'm particularly curious about are the long lines outside, I will have a nervous tween with me and need to prepare her a bit.  We have priority, but if I understand it, we have to line up for security first and then the priority kicks in when we get into the terminal, correct?

Thanks, 

PM

This person did a review of the Venezia last month. I believe if talks about embarkation on the first page or 2. I was also curious as we're on Venezia in May

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2988386-21124-live-super-bowl-sunday-cruise-from-manhattan-to-anitgua-dominica-grenada-st-lucia-st-maarten/

Edited by bar1068
words misspelled
  • Like 1

We were on her in September and it was the worst I had ever seen on embarkation.

To top it off everyone at the terminal got more upset when they handed out a flyer that we weren't going to Amber Cove, they should have waited a bit.

Hope it is better for your tween! 

We were on her in May as well.

We are parking at the port, I know parking is outside, we take the elevator down I think, do we have to go back outside to drop luggage or where do we go to drop luggage, (we are priority)

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

We were on her in September and it was the worst I had ever seen on embarkation.

To top it off everyone at the terminal got more upset when they handed out a flyer that we weren't going to Amber Cove, they should have waited a bit.

Hope it is better for your tween! 

We were on her in May as well.

We are parking at the port, I know parking is outside, we take the elevator down I think, do we have to go back outside to drop luggage or where do we go to drop luggage, (we are priority)

Thank you!

Oofie, I agree, they could have delayed that notification a bit. My last cruise (Princess Ft. Lauderdale) was a mess too, so I am mostly prepared, the others, not so much.

I will try to get an early check-in time and distract her with her tablet.🙂 

Thank you!

PM

If you are boarding a ship with four to five thousand other passengers, you have to expect lines, delays, etc.  This past September we boarded a small ship, the only one sailing from MCT that day — with just 640 or so others - it was a matter of just walking through - boarding the ship about five minutes after our ride dropped us off in front of the terminal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Venezia this past Friday. No real priority on embarkation or debarkation for our sailing; too many platinum and diamond members. We had 1100 boarding. We dropped our bags, went through security, and walked right on as they were calling our zone. Much better than when we sailed last November. It was a highly disorganized mess then!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 11:55 AM, gail811 said:

Just off the Venezia this past Friday. No real priority on embarkation or debarkation for our sailing; too many platinum and diamond members. We had 1100 boarding. We dropped our bags, went through security, and walked right on as they were calling our zone. Much better than when we sailed last November. It was a highly disorganized mess then!

Good to hear!  I’d prefer to arrive around 11,  but I will have to see what the consensus is with our little group.  
PM