Cozumel Chankanaab vs Island Beach Resort?

Daruma

Hiya, folks.

Me again. 

Every time I do a search on this topic, (on the Web as a whole), I only get results for Chankanaab vs Passion Island or vs Paradise Beach, or vs Playa Mia. 

Is Island Beach Resort not the real name? 

On YouTube I can find reviews for Island Beach Resort... so I'm assuming that's the correct name. 🤷

So... can anyone here give me some insight on comparing Chankanaab to Island Beach Resort, please? 

Thank you for your help. 

• Host Carolyn locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
29 minutes ago, MaynardG said:

Try Island Beach Club.

Thank you. 

My I ask why you suggest Island Beach Club over Chankanaab? 

On the surface Chankanaab seems to have more to offer... but there may be more to Island Beach Club, or less to Chankanaab, than appears on the surface, so to speak. 

Wan't suggesting Island Beach Club. your question was "Is Island Beach Resort not the real name?"  Was giving you the name of the club so you can compare it with Chankanaab. 😁

2 hours ago, Daruma said:

Ah, gotcha, thank you. 

I think the name is IslandS Beach Club.

It was a relative small club squashed in between Buccanos Beach Club and Playa Azul in the north of the island a few years ago.  I have never been but I think it took some of the land from Buccanos and took over some of the activities they used to have that used to be cruise ship excursions zipline, climbing wall. It has a pool and a jet ski excursion and seems to sell excursions via Carnival website although I believe you can go independently. They have a website.

Chankanaab is an established national park predominantly for snorkeling and diving but also has several third party contractors that run various activities listed on the website for the park. It has a pool, dolphin, manatees and sea lions, tequila tasting, massages etc.

As always it depends what it is you are looking to do.