Barbados Bridgeport Cruise Port Taxi - BEWARE!!

PleasantTime

Barbados Bridgeport Cruise Port Taxi - BEWARE!!
They don't go by the official posted rates that you see on the sign at the port.  When you get to your destination they will charge 3 times the price or more and tell you it's because you have a lot of bags.  If you ask what about the posted rates they will get in your face and argue you with you.  They will also pack multiple passengers in a van so even if you want to stand your ground, the other passengers will be inconvenienced.  It is a miserable experience and more expensive than getting a taxi in the most expensive cities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree 100% with @PleasantTime,  it was my fault for trusting they would go by the official posted rates at the cruise port. I wish I had never seen the official rates because it would not have led me into a sense of trust. If I had not seen the official rates I would definitely have done exactly what at@PleasantTime suggested.  Nonetheless, I found several of the Bajans extremely arrogant and don't ever plan to go back to that island. There's so many other islands in the Caribbean with warm, friendly, welcoming people that it's not worth time going to place with a poor attitude towards tourist. That was just my experience, hopefully it goes better for future visitors.