Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Looking for a quiet place to read a book.  I just realized that my balcony is really the only place that meets that description.  You used to be able to go up to higher decks and find sun loungers and quiet- that’s now lazar tag.  Nothing says relaxing vacation like lazar tag…  if they need a commercial for the Vibe, I could make it now.  They should charge double…

The Bliss has always had laser tag.

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

So this is mildly depressing. The area outside the vibe is no secret- maybe 30+ teens?  All the padded loungers are taken and the environment could not be LESS like the Vibe if it tried… Wow, she shot and she missed!!  

IMG_6566.png

IMG_6565.jpeg

You are sailing during spring break. What did you expect?

Spics H2O is a better non kids option.

28 minutes ago, Panhandle Couple said:

You are sailing during spring break. What did you expect?

Spics H2O is a better non kids option.

Thank you! 

6 hours ago, L1211 said:

Full house at wine tasting this morning!

IMG_6553.jpeg

Just curious if it was worth the time and $$??  I love wine and cheese!  But I love sun too!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alertkm said:

Seriously?  What happened?  Was just on it a year ago.

They butchered it during a dry dock in February.  Replaced a whole side with cabins (actually a retrofit back to as-built design).

disclaimer: I haven't been back on since the dry dock, but that was the advertised plan.  I'm not sure if we've had any boots on the ground reports since.

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They butchered it during a dry dock in February.  Replaced a whole side with cabins (actually a retrofit back to as-built design).

disclaimer: I haven't been back on since the dry dock, but that was the advertised plan.  I'm not sure if we've had any boots on the ground reports since.

Wow thanks for the update.  Bummer.  But it sort of makes sense if it's a warm weather boat because the observation room was usually pretty quiet during our spring cruise.

1 minute ago, alertkm said:

Wow thanks for the update.  Bummer.  But it sort of makes sense if it's a warm weather boat because the observation room was usually pretty quiet during our spring cruise.

I had a couple future AK cruises that I literally cancelled and rebooked on Bliss/Encore for this very reason.  To your point, for non-AK sailings, it's likely the right business decision.  That doesn't mean I have to salute it though! 😠

31 minutes ago, alertkm said:

Just curious if it was worth the time and $$??  I love wine and cheese!  But I love sun too!

We loved it!! They did a really nice job. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, L1211 said:

We loved it!! They did a really nice job. 

We’re doing two more this week- we are actually going to Napa weekend after we get home - definitely wine people.

Will keep you posted! 

• Like 1

So we were on the bliss in May 2019. So it has been awhile.  Crepes in the buffet are my husbands favorite last night snack.maybe only one night they were available. but for all intents and purposes crepes are for purchase at coco’s. crepes at the late night buffet are routinely found on the smaller ships.

definately check out spice h20.

at the local…we are used to the smaller ships that have O’Sheehans.  It is the equivalent.  DH and I usually will split pretzel bites, and wings (single order of both) then I usually get the fish and chips or the carbonara. He like the French dip or the western burger (I think that is what it is called).  Both of us get the Blue Glacier.  Amazing.  Favorite drink on NCL.  I don’t know if the Local has it.  They should have the food items. This is usually our embarkation day lunch spot, and a few others as well.  I am not a buffet fan either, so this is a less busy restaurant. If you remember to, can you see if that blue glacier (or is it glacier blue) is on the locals bar menu?

district Brewhouse is a great spot to hang out at.

If you don’t mind the walk, the aft elevators were usually always empty compared to midship.  Depending on your cabin location this may not be a good option for your DH. But it will help with the stair issue. As someone with bad knees, stairs can be brutal.

we loved port side MDR (I think it was taste) and Mixx. Mixx had the best bartender, Will.  No idea if he is there or back or where he is, but he left an impression for sure

we enjoyed Jersey Boys, but it isn’t for everyone.  We liked the music and the true story that the show is based on (taking out the creative entertainment additions and it is a very interesting piece of history)

following along and enjoying it very much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First course review 

Beef barley soup- “good soup” fine, good

spinach dip - 7/10 pretty good

onion soup- a who lotta onions- nice flavor 7/10 - piping hot

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6574.jpeg

IMG_6573.jpeg

• Like 1

Bourbon glazed bacon chicken- 7/10 - the sauce was to die for. Chicken well cooked, good bacon flavor.  A bit tough.

blue fish- 6/10 - well cooked, flaky, under seasoned

up-charge lobster tails- 10/10 - totally enjoyed!  Perfectly cooked, sweet, good butter sauce. Mash had odd nutmeg flavor. 

IMG_6579.jpeg

IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

• Like 3

Mint chocolate mouse - wish it was chilled,

good flavor.  7/10

apple strudel- the winner tonight- warm, flaky, fantastic vanilla ice cream- 8/10 - the DH highest rating!

sugar-free carrot cake.  Ummm- sugar free and dry.  Pineapple garnish best part 

IMG_6583.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg

IMG_6581.jpeg

• Like 3

Service at Taste was exceptional tonight.  Caroline led her team- they were highly efficient, but she was also highly personable!  She found out what we liked to drink and kept it coming .  Food was all hot and good, but service stole the show!  

The DH’s knee is terribly swollen tonight - we asked for a glass of ice to go and when she found out what he needed it for, she went above and beyond to ensure he was take care of.  We tipped her extra for her service, but I think she was most appreciative of my question on how I could best compliment her outstanding service.  She sent me to the “lady in the suit in the front” so that’s where I went.  

That lady seemed so stressed and a bit overwhelmed when I asked to speak with her - Taste still had a large line waiting to be seated after 8pm.  She pulled away for a quick minute and when I told her I wanted to compliment Caroline for her outstanding service, she exhaled deeply and smiled from ear to ear.  She was literally joyful to have the compliment on our experience Tonight.

These people care deeply.  They want to see us delighted.  It was such a warming experience and reminder of how hard they work FOR US.  To make our dinner and vacation special.  just a reminder to call out great service.  They are so appreciative when we do. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrsTocko said:

So we were on the bliss in May 2019. So it has been awhile.  Crepes in the buffet are my husbands favorite last night snack.maybe only one night they were available. but for all intents and purposes crepes are for purchase at coco’s. crepes at the late night buffet are routinely found on the smaller ships.

definately check out spice h20.

at the local…we are used to the smaller ships that have O’Sheehans.  It is the equivalent.  DH and I usually will split pretzel bites, and wings (single order of both) then I usually get the fish and chips or the carbonara. He like the French dip or the western burger (I think that is what it is called).  Both of us get the Blue Glacier.  Amazing.  Favorite drink on NCL.  I don’t know if the Local has it.  They should have the food items. This is usually our embarkation day lunch spot, and a few others as well.  I am not a buffet fan either, so this is a less busy restaurant. If you remember to, can you see if that blue glacier (or is it glacier blue) is on the locals bar menu?

district Brewhouse is a great spot to hang out at.

If you don’t mind the walk, the aft elevators were usually always empty compared to midship.  Depending on your cabin location this may not be a good option for your DH. But it will help with the stair issue. As someone with bad knees, stairs can be brutal.

we loved port side MDR (I think it was taste) and Mixx. Mixx had the best bartender, Will.  No idea if he is there or back or where he is, but he left an impression for sure

we enjoyed Jersey Boys, but it isn’t for everyone.  We liked the music and the true story that the show is based on (taking out the creative entertainment additions and it is a very interesting piece of history)

following along and enjoying it very much

@MrsTocko

thank you so much for your thoughtful respond and input. So much good stuff and intel to unpack!!  We did Mixx and Taste tonight and it was stellar. I don’t have the pest impression of MDRs but we’ve t truly enjoyed it this week - both food and service.  Going to check out “song along” in district brew house  tonight!  So many good recommendations- truly appreciate you!! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Watching the world go by.  With a really nice glass of Chardonnay.  Thank you FAS+!! 

IMG_6584.jpeg

Edited by L1211
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, L1211 said:

First sighting of the Observation Lounge- woweeee- beautiful!!! What an amazing space. Unclear what is is used for - just lounging and observing?  Bar hopping this morning.  Only hot item for breakfast was oatmeal- if they threw in some eggs and bacon it would be for the win! Need a base for wine tasting at 11:30!  anyone know what this space is on other away class ships? 

IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6546.jpeg

IMG_6543.jpeg

IMG_6542.jpeg

We did the Inner Passage cruise in Alaska on the Bliss, and a lot of us were in there watching the scenery go by for hours, especially between Skagway and Glacier Bay. It’s was cozy like a really big living room, and a beautiful way to take in Alaska, especially when the temps are cold and cloudy. It’s actually one of the clearest memories I have of that trip.