Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

Priority access benefits for anyone wondering - not sure I would have purchased it if they had told me there were no vibe passes for sale once aboard.  Tried and lost 

IMG_6451.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone have a computer and cord trigger a bag search?  Was asked if I had electronics- I didn’t think a computer was disallowed. Wondering if that could have had it pulled out?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Can we talk Wi-Fi?  Long lines at Internet cafe.  Gracious Jersey Boys performer was helping out.  He also works art auctions- versatile chap!  He was lovely, But Wi-Fi is actually unstable in the main lobby on 6 - now we know!  

I found a dead spot in the Atrium a few times - went toward Starbucks and it worked! It definitely got better after day 1!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, L1211 said:

5pm and no suitcase for me.  The rest of the bags have arrived.  Sigh…

Sorry about no Vibe! On Bliss it's only one side, the other side is open to all - it has a bar and hot tub - you can try to make it "vibe" lite!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Sorry about no Vibe! On Bliss it's only one side, the other side is open to all - it has a bar and hot tub - you can try to make it "vibe" lite!

Ha!  I’m going looking for that space now!!!  Thank you @Frogger22

Maltings for what ales you.  The DH is just a couple months post knee replacement- it is barking.  Me, I have important meds in my lost suitcase… buffalo trace old fashio and La Crema. 

IMG_6459.jpeg

IMG_6458.jpeg

IMG_6457.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, L1211 said:

There is a place outside of Q for lost bags.  Mine isn’t there…

IMG_6455.jpeg

Speaking of Q, are you planning on dining there? I'm on the Joy in June and have a reservation at Q but have heard mixed reviews. Would love some intel on that!

And can't NCL come up with a better term than "Unidentified Luggage"? 🤣. Sorry to hear yours wasn't there, perhaps because it's been identified?

Pro tip!!!  Check out the bar at the back of the buffet!!!  No one!  Beautiful views and open seating.  You always hear “go to the back of the buffet” - it’s true!! 

IMG_6460.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, L1211 said:

Pro tip!!!  Check out the bar at the back of the buffet!!!  No one!  Beautiful views and open seating.  You always hear “go to the back of the buffet” - it’s true!! 

IMG_6460.jpeg

True story.  I was on a Bliss B2B to AK last April.  Glacier Bay is always the highlight.  It is also when the OL gets absolutely packed.  As you likely know, the view from the back of the Buffet is exactly the same view as from the OL.  Both weeks, we went to breakfast early.  Found great tables at the back of the buffet (in the bar area) and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast.  Before long, the crowds start running to the OL to find places to park their butts.  We just kicked back in the buffet.  They close from about 9:30 to 11, but they don't kick you out.  The punch line?  The bar never closes.  They'll give you a fresh Bloody Mary as often as you like while you enjoy the great views and nibble on whatever cinammon rolls, etc. you kept from breakfast.  

Of course, the last time I shared this pro-tip I was accused of being an evil squatter who was denying somebody a table.  Yes, while the buffet was closed.  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

True story.  I was on a Bliss B2B to AK last April.  Glacier Bay is always the highlight.  It is also when the OL gets absolutely packed.  As you likely know, the view from the back of the Buffet is exactly the same view as from the OL.  Both weeks, we went to breakfast early.  Found great tables at the back of the buffet (in the bar area) and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast.  Before long, the crowds start running to the OL to find places to park their butts.  We just kicked back in the buffet.  They close from about 9:30 to 11, but they don't kick you out.  The punch line?  The bar never closes.  They'll give you a fresh Bloody Mary as often as you like while you enjoy the great views and nibble on whatever cinammon rolls, etc. you kept from breakfast.  

Of course, the last time I shared this pro-tip I was accused of being an evil squatter who was denying somebody a table.  Yes, while the buffet was closed.  🤣

Omg, you are soooo right!!! Ultimate pro tip for Alaska - or maybe leaving Cabo!! Well played sir!! Here’s that view…

image.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, L1211 said:

IMG_6418.thumb.jpeg.d4cb3030c137086e6744588a7c1ed8a3.jpegIMG_6418.thumb.jpeg.d4cb3030c137086e6744588a7c1ed8a3.jpegMenus from lobby bar- question for experts- any other bar have high end rum for mojitos?  The DH is a huge Pillar fan- anyone know it from Key West?? The Mojito was made well according to the DH, just missing better rum… for me, it’s Chardonnay - the La Crema was perfect ( from FAS+ menu). 

IMG_6419.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

Sugarcane Mojito bar is on deck 8 midship. Was quiet and our drinks were great. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Also longrime NCL fan. Sapphire latitudes. However temper your expectations as food quality has dropped to slighly above MSC in food service. I have 2 NCL left for the year if all are the same as the last two NCL cruises Im done. They are stripping it down to the studs to make as much cash as possible. Also entertainment has been cut in half! 

Edited by JBEAS11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Manhattan room dinner menu. Any favorites??

IMG_6476.jpeg

LOVE the cheese ravioli appetizer, and I'm a meatatarian (if there is no meat I don't eat it!) and that was worth it. Small portion, though. Personally I'd give the tilapia a try, but no personal experience.

• Haha 1