Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

17 minutes ago, L1211 said:

That means you could book vibe if you wanted!  We booked late- about 60 days out and it was sold out - sigh.  We got restaurant reservations since those opened 21’days out- I have no idea when vibe went on sale.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Glad to have you along!! 

They are absolutely on sale right now! We went the Haven route and have an aft-facing PH booked figuring that’s the best spot to watch for whales and such!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Spa day in PV should be good! We had a beach pass to a day resort. I think it was Sabal. Others with us got massages and liked them. We did beach. Kids did jet skis. 

IMG_2422.jpeg

Did you book through NCL?  Looks perfect! I tried finding a day pass in play mujeres- the spa in in the Romantica zone - thinking we will find a beach bar? 

Edited by L1211

Just now, chill6x6 said:

They are absolutely on sale right now! We went the Haven route and have an aft-facing PH booked figuring that’s the best spot to watch for whales and such!

That sounds pretty terrific.  Guess that’s how I missed out- ha!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Did you book through NCL?  Looks perfect! I tried finding a day pass in play mujeres- the spa in in the Romantica zone - thinking we will find a beach bar? 

Yes we booked thru ncl but there were others there not from the ship! Do you might be able to book direct 

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Greetings Cruise Critic!  

We're sailing on the Bliss out of LA tomorrow - 7 night Mexican Riveria - all new ports for us!  When planning, I couldn't get excited about the Caribbean or eastern Mexico cruises - we'd hit nearly all those ports a time or 5  over our two decades of cruising.  

We're a family of four from Louisville KY.

Following this trip report from Taylorsville!!
Very interested in this itinerary - all new to us.

We are on our first NCL cruise in October after several on Celebrity & RC & Carnival & MSC.

Have a great trip!!

Have a great cruise.  I wish I were sailing the Bliss tomorrow.  If you like classic rock, keep an eye out for the group Siglo performing in various venues.  I heard they were back on the Bliss.  We enjoyed them on a B2B on the Bliss last April.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Any recommendations for a half day in LA?  

The Grove/Farmers Market: not bad for celebrity watching btw

Santa Monica’s Main Street

Bike riding on the strand/boardwalk. Rentals available at Perry’s and probably other places in the beach cities

Rent an electric Duffy and explore the Long Beach canals. 
Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Mothers Beach in Marina del Rey or Redondo Beach. These locations are great if you’ve never done it before. Calm water, no open waves. 
Hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains or Hollywood Hills. My fave is Inspiration Point at Will Rogers State Historic Park

For this weekend, I might also recommend the Academy Museum if you want to take in a little of the Oscars/ Film Independent awards magic that’s happening today and tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just landed in LA!  United flight was great.

Mimosa count has hit three for the day and breakfast was good.  Next to rental car and off to gather the girls in Long Beach!  

IMG_6360.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

• Like 2

Meet the fam. One of the DDs in Los Lobos- great place for speciality margaritas (or it was???).  DH is from Buffalo, we’re for hard Bills fans but we still can’t talk about that… And DD and her bestie from the MSC steakhouse that she consistently called Cagney’s - that was a compliment! Can’t wait to be back on NCL!  Of course, no Howl at the Moon- our family favorite! Looking forward to trying the cavern club. 

IMG_6356.jpeg

IMG_6357.png

IMG_6355.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, alyciawitz said:

The Grove/Farmers Market: not bad for celebrity watching btw

Santa Monica’s Main Street

Bike riding on the strand/boardwalk. Rentals available at Perry’s and probably other places in the beach cities

Rent an electric Duffy and explore the Long Beach canals. 
Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Mothers Beach in Marina del Rey or Redondo Beach. These locations are great if you’ve never done it before. Calm water, no open waves. 
Hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains or Hollywood Hills. My fave is Inspiration Point at Will Rogers State Historic Park

For this weekend, I might also recommend the Academy Museum if you want to take in a little of the Oscars/ Film Independent awards magic that’s happening today and tomorrow. 

Oh you sound like a local!  Thinking garments market for a late lunch!  The DH is looking for a taco though.  We’re only in town this afternoon, board the Bliss tomorrow. Thanks for the input!’ 

4 hours ago, L1211 said:

That means you could book vibe if you wanted!  We booked late- about 60 days out and it was sold out - sigh.  We got restaurant reservations since those opened 21’days out- I have no idea when vibe went on sale.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Glad to have you along!! 

Vibe goes on sale when the cruise does, I think. I have it booked for a November transatlantic (and hope that I get good use out of it, got it mainly for the hot tubs) on Prima.

1 minute ago, jds2001 said:

Vibe goes on sale when the cruise does, I think. I have it booked for a November transatlantic (and hope that I get good use out of it, got it mainly for the hot tubs) on Prima.

Used to have to do the Vibe sprint to guest services back pre-Covid!  Hoping they really hold some back…. You’ll have to report in the Prima Vibe !

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Oh you sound like a local!  Thinking garments market for a late lunch!  The DH is looking for a taco though.  We’re only in town this afternoon, board the Bliss tomorrow. Thanks for the input!’ 

Local! Tacos, everyone’s got their favorites; you really can’t go wrong, including the corner stands and taco trucks. A lot are going to be like what you can get in Mexico, but here’s some that stick out. Google for times open for trucks and stands:

1) Mariscos Jaliscos (truck on La Cienega near Farmers Market (FM)). Probably the cheapest Michelin guide meal there is in the world. It’s cheap eats all around. Only open until 4. 

2) Sonoratown (it’s the tortillas here that are killer) on San Vicente near FM

3)Guisados (multiple locations all over)

4) Pinches (multiple locations all over)

I’ve heard good things about

5) Rico’s Tacos Naomi but have never been (stand with multiple locations). I think it’s cash only and limited hours. 

Not tacos, but something you can get at the FM that’s amazing and not available in port on the cruise: Nonna’s Empanadas. It’s worth the line. 

Edited by alyciawitz
Spelling Errors
  • Like 1

The Baby has made it to Long Beach Pier- her view is much better than ours…. Flying into Long Beach airport for the win!  They are out of there too while we have to fight LAX next Sunday- ugh…

73171055293__8C9C426C-9A29-4F0A-BA1E-0CB508308C19.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyciawitz said:

Following because we’re headed out on the same cruise soon 

Yay!  Let me know if you have any questions!  

For those playing along at home, these In-N-Out prices are insanely cheap!!!  Like McDonald’s cheap… who knew??? 

IMG_6368.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, L1211 said:

For those playing along at home, these In-N-Out prices are insanely cheap!!!  Like McDonald’s cheap… who knew??? 

IMG_6368.png

In and Out is actually cheaper than McD's now (and much better). Have done your cruise a few times on Bliss, which is my favorite NCL ship, and Joy. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Have a great cruise.  I wish I were sailing the Bliss tomorrow.  If you like classic rock, keep an eye out for the group Siglo performing in various venues.  I heard they were back on the Bliss.  We enjoyed them on a B2B on the Bliss last April.

Thanks for the tip- we love classic rock- raised our girls on it!  Will do. 

Seal Beach is about 15 minutes from Long Beach and a great stop.  Lovely downtown with shops, restaurants and bars.  And gorgeous beach, playground, and pier.  Highly recommend! 

IMG_6374.jpeg

IMG_6373.jpeg

• Like 4