Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

We’re staying at the Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach. Great location and hotel!  We’re right in the middle of the entertainment and shopping district, parking garage next door, great port views from the rooftop heated pool!  There is a coffee shop/cafe, but I don’t think there is a bar- a bit odd.  But so much to see and do right at the doorstep! 

IMG_6383.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

IMG_6386.jpeg

IMG_6387.jpeg

IMG_6388.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Have a great cruise.  I wish I were sailing the Bliss tomorrow.  If you like classic rock, keep an eye out for the group Siglo performing in various venues.  I heard they were back on the Bliss.  We enjoyed them on a B2B on the Bliss last April.

Thanks for the tip- we love classic rock- raised our girls on it!  Will do. 

• Like 1

The rooms are lovely, cold AC, comfy bed, nice sitting area and LOVE the bath products.  I think we first found BeeKind in Australia??? 

IMG_6377.jpeg

IMG_6379.jpeg

IMG_6385.jpeg

• Like 2

Long Beach sunset.  It’s gotten quite chilly outside as well.  Rental car returned to Long Beach airport - only 15 minutes away, but not sure we needed The car.  Everyone is tired from a long travel day and traffic made bouncing from the Long Beach side of LA up north prohibitive for our short stay. 

IMG_6391.jpeg

IMG_6389.jpeg

• Like 2

It’s cruise day!!!  Looks to be gorgeous.  Family a little spooked on the weather- it was quite chilly last night- of course it will get warmer as we cruise south.  Looks to be lovely today. 

IMG_6397.png

• Like 2

Heading to the port at 9:30 - hoping to check in by 10am.Will board with Priority Access when called. We’ve got a plan to try to secure Vibe passes today- DH goes to guests services, I go to Teppanyaki. Feel sure they will be at teppanyaki but plan to have my bases covered! 

Just now, dexddd said:

Safe travels.

Thank you @dexddd!  We’re so excited.  It’s been too long since we’ve been on NCL!  Will be interesting to see if my “mental” comparison from MSC to NCL holds true! 

Nice job Hyatt.  Win over your female guests with nice products and hair dryer.  Likely the last good blowout my hair gets for the next 8 days and I’m really ok with that-

Cruise hair don’t care!!! 

IMG_6400.jpeg

• Like 3

Got in the Uber this morning and Ziggy Marley is singing Three Little Birds 🎶- Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright! It’s gonna be a great cruise!  

Priority access for the win!  Security was a breeze, no PA outside for security. Inside crazy difference- we had one party in front of us versus a full queue.  They have two agents working PA and 4 working regular lines. 15 minutes from curb to pre-board wait!  

IMG_6408.jpeg

IMG_6409.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a favor to ask- if anyone is out there on CC today, can you reply?  I keep getting notified of a response, but when I log in I don’t see it!! Anyone out there??  

4 minutes ago, L1211 said:

I have a favor to ask- if anyone is out there on CC today, can you reply?  I keep getting notified of a response, but when I log in I don’t see it!! Anyone out there??  

I've seen 8 posts by you today so far this morning.

Agree on 'cruise hair, who cares'!!

Have a great cruise!!

4 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

I've seen 8 posts by you today so far this morning.

Agree on 'cruise hair, who cares'!!

Have a great cruise!!

Hey!  Thank you so much!!!  I’m not alone!  

• Like 1

Just now, L1211 said:

Hey!  Thank you so much!!!  I’m not alone!  

Alone?  Heck you are on a cruise ship!!

Just know we are jealously reading everything!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Alone?  Heck you are on a cruise ship!!

Just know we are jealously reading everything!!

Ha!  Definitely not alone in boarding area. 10:43 here and the crowds are getting restless!  No groups called yet…

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Definitely out here and following every post with bated breath!

My email notifications seem to be iffy even though I have them turned on for every post. I run my own M365 email for personal use, and found in the Exchange Admin Center that the messages were being held because they were "phishing emails". LOL! Just something to check on.

29 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Look at post 62. Someone :"Liked" your post. Look in the lower right corner of your post. Others have liked other posts. Those my be the "notices" you are receiving. .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1