Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

1 minute ago, alyciawitz said:

We did the Inner Passage cruise in Alaska on the Bliss, and a lot of us were in there watching the scenery go by for hours, especially between Skagway and Glacier Bay. It’s was cozy like a really big living room, and a beautiful way to take in Alaska, especially when the temps are cold and cloudy. It’s actually one of the clearest memories I have of that trip. 

That sounds lovely!  We’re two days to Mexico with nothing but the ocean-‘which is it’s own peaceful and beautiful.  Likely not built for warm weather cruises.

7 hours ago, L1211 said:

Looking for a quiet place to read a book.  I just realized that my balcony is really the only place that meets that description.  You used to be able to go up to higher decks and find sun loungers and quiet- that’s now lazar tag.  Nothing says relaxing vacation like lazar tag…  if they need a commercial for the Vibe, I could make it now.  They should charge double…

What about the thermal suite? It has padded loungers and heated tile loungers. Most of the time people were quiet but everyone once in a while.... Sorry that the teens discovered the non-vibe side. That was not the case on New Years Cruise, but they were all in the regular hot tubs (my teens included).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frogger22 said:

What about the thermal suite? It has padded loungers and heated tile loungers. Most of the time people were quiet but everyone once in a while.... Sorry that the teens discovered the non-vibe side. That was not the case on New Years Cruise, but they were all in the regular hot tubs (my teens included).

Hey!  You know, I’ve  decided that it actually   is their cruise too - ha!  We always book a balcony or higher and never use the balcony- it was lovely today!  Peaceful, sunny, beautiful.

thermal spa a great idea for something I can do with the girls.  Need to check it out tomorrow- wondering if it is sold out.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, erisajd said:

We were looking at June 8 - June 12 departures - and discovered that a $10000 forward facing suite on Jewel was NOT in the Haven [because they don't have it or were sold out] and a $12000 forward facing suite on the June 8 Bliss departure was - so for us it was $2000 essentially!   That was a no brainer.  

I'm sure your priority 'pass' will work out - but we had a concierge phone number to call to make all our reservations - which made it easy - plus - we got our requested times on the Speciality restaurants - but given the filet and lobster [and the pork chop] in the Haven restaurant - we only used the two specialty restaurant bookings that came with Free At Sea . . . 

We are in Anchorage and Fairbanks pre-cruise and are doing a Glacier landing flight in Denali and then [since I'm a pilot] renting a seaplane and pilot for an hour in Victoria - and looking forward to those non-cruise very expensive splurges. . . . 

On the Jewel Class, the only suites outside Haven that get Haven access are the OS.

In either case, those prices way too high imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, L1211 said:

Service at Taste was exceptional tonight.  Caroline led her team- they were highly efficient, but she was also highly personable!  She found out what we liked to drink and kept it coming .  Food was all hot and good, but service stole the show!  

The DH’s knee is terribly swollen tonight - we asked for a glass of ice to go and when she found out what he needed it for, she went above and beyond to ensure he was take care of.  We tipped her extra for her service, but I think she was most appreciative of my question on how I could best compliment her outstanding service.  She sent me to the “lady in the suit in the front” so that’s where I went.  

That lady seemed so stressed and a bit overwhelmed when I asked to speak with her - Taste still had a large line waiting to be seated after 8pm.  She pulled away for a quick minute and when I told her I wanted to compliment Caroline for her outstanding service, she exhaled deeply and smiled from ear to ear.  She was literally joyful to have the compliment on our experience Tonight.

These people care deeply.  They want to see us delighted.  It was such a warming experience and reminder of how hard they work FOR US.  To make our dinner and vacation special.  just a reminder to call out great service.  They are so appreciative when we do. 

Best compliment is to fill out a Hero card and drop it in the box.

Also mention her in the on line post cruise survey.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

image.jpeg.80c7445795e84ff37ea5596d9a8b1905.jpegThe upcharge Lobster tails are a new addition and look amazing.  I would order them for $30 to burn some OBC.  

They were $25 last night.  We only have the shareholder benefit for OBC (caught free gratuities for my two cabins and jumped on that vs OBC - it was a nice savings!).  We have burned up that benefit with planned wine tastings!  But, I highly recommend the lobsters. They were perfectly cooked (and the DH didn’t have to cook them!).  It made dinner really special. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This morning was quite a bit busier than yesterday- more folks out enjoying the morning. Beautiful hour walk- what a way to start a day!  Feeling blessed for sure.  Even the Starbucks line at 8 had only one person in front of me! First drink of the day- Green Tea. 

IMG_6599.jpeg

• Like 2

Can we talk about the Lazar Tag and Speedway?  IMO, they are a mistake.  Too narrow of appeal.  This ship has cabins for 4000 px at 2/cabin.  We are sailing with 4800 - this ship doesn’t service that load well.  Not enough outdoor spaces to accommodate the desire to be outside all day.  (And now that I’ve got a couple days under my belt, I really can’t imagine how it handles cold weather- where does this ship put thousands of children during the day???)

These spaces could be wonderful outdoor spaces.  Not that anyone asked… but my opinion:

- double the size of the Vibe so you can sell more passes.  I’m NOT the only disappointed passenger without access….
- Triple the size of Spice and add a plunge pool. Give adults much more no-cost alternative to get away and enjoy!  Even CCL has the Serenity which is much bigger and nicer. 

- Add a free outdoors restaurant that is at the Garden Cafe.

All this would spread folks out, improve guest experience.  

I am not naive - I know the answer to my “why” question is REVENUE!  But, don’t happy, delighted customers drive revenue?

It makes me think of RCCL. Their “behemoth of the seas” class ships have a stunning number of outdoor spaces for families of all ages.  Find what fits you and enjoy! I know they are not for everyone, but they are doing something right..

I reach this conclusion based of our stock purchase of 100 shares of each major cruise company in 2020 when they crashed. Our financial advisor highly recommended against it, but we explained we intended to hold them for shareholder benefits. 

We checked performance yesterday - anyone else know where this tale is going?  NCL and CCL have gained under $100 each during that period. RCCL has tripled in value - up over $8k leaving the DH to wish he’d bought 1000 shares versus 100… RCCL has differentiated and they are being rewarded for it in the market.  

IMG_6593.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Panhandle Couple said:

Best compliment is to fill out a Hero card and drop it in the box.

Also mention her in the on line post cruise survey.

Great suggestion, Totally agree!  

9 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Great suggestion, Totally agree!  

I had forgotten about vacation hero cards!  It’s been four years since we sailed NCL- the card has been submitted! Great suggestion @Panhandle Couple

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Here are your morning cruise walk pics

to brighten your workday!! 

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_6597.jpeg

Wonderful pictures.

I've been having 'one of those days' here at work and these pictures put a smile on my face!!

I only have to wait till Oct 17 and then I get 13 days on board!!

Enjoy your trip!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Wonderful pictures.

I've been having 'one of those days' here at work and these pictures put a smile on my face!!

I only have to wait till Oct 17 and then I get 13 days on board!!

Enjoy your trip!!

Oh I could do this for 13 days - jealous!  Where are you sailing?? I want to do a transatlantic- bucket list! 

• Like 1

Choose your deck chair wisely when you are CHOGIng in the early morning… no wonder these chairs were still available - ha!  I’m such a novice…

IMG_6607.jpeg

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Oh I could do this for 13 days - jealous!  Where are you sailing?? I want to do a transatlantic- bucket list! 

Transatlantic!!  13 days!!  Rome to Orlando is how it is stated but we all know that means Rome to Port Canaveral.  So excited!  My sister and I have talked about taking one for years and this is the year it all fell into place.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:22 AM, www3traveler said:

When you can, could you please post a list of the current Officers both Bridge and Hotel.

Thank you

Hope you and your family are having a wonderful time.

@www3travelerFound it last night!  Hope you can read it…

IMG_6585.jpeg

6 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Transatlantic!!  13 days!!  Rome to Orlando is how it is stated but we all know that means Rome to Port Canaveral.  So excited!  My sister and I have talked about taking one for years and this is the year it all fell into place.

Oh my goodness, that sounds perfect. !  I hope you have time in Rome on the front end - one of my favorite cities!  #goals 

21 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Oh my goodness, that sounds perfect. !  I hope you have time in Rome on the front end - one of my favorite cities!  #goals 

Yes!!  We will get there 2 to 4 days early.  We've been there twice before, but still more to see!!

#goals for you should be more drinks and have fun!!