TRANSFER HEATHROW TO GREENWICH

When you say "you don't want to use the tube", do you mean you're OK with other public transport?  The Elizabeth line to Canary Wharf then DLR is both fastest and cheapest.  The Liz line is new, huge "full size" trains with air con.  The DLR is overground (except the short tunnel to Greenwich).

14 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:

When you say "you don't want to use the tube", do you mean you're OK with other public transport?  The Elizabeth line to Canary Wharf then DLR is both fastest and cheapest.  The Liz line is new, huge "full size" trains with air con.  The DLR is overground (except the short tunnel to Greenwich).

15 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:
16 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:

From Heathrow, I would get quotes from a few different airport car services before booking. Currently, I am looking at Jewels Airport Transfers, Blackberry Cars, or maybe Eddie Manning transportation for car service to London (Covent Garden) from Heathrow.  We've used Blackberry cars before and they were fine. The others have been mentioned on CC. Look at reviews on Trip Advisor too. 

I've never used Uber in the UK so can't help you there. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beachvue said:

Looking for recommendations for transfer from airport to Greenwich, I.e., private car, taxi, Uber.  We do not want yo use the tube.  TIA.  

Any of those will get you there in roughly the same time. Just depends how much you want to spend. Right now Uber is charging just under £60 but obviously that can vary. A taxi will be more, a private car even more.

• Thanks 1

If you choose a car service (such as Blackberry), the driver will meet you at the Arrivals door within the terminal, then accompany you to the car park.  The driver will help you with bags. 

If you use Uber, you'll need to make your own way to the Uber holding area in the car park next to whichever terminal you arrive in.  (This is policed by the airport to manage traffic flow - the Uber driver cannot just collect you from the kerbside)

• Like 1