grand suite - dinner with senior officer question

Bruce61:

Thanks for the reminder about dinner w/Food & Beverage Manager.

Last June aboard Navigator for a B/t/B.  F&B Manager Brandon Haylock reached out inviting us to join him at Compass Rose.  This was unprompted.  We were NOT in a named-higher echelon Suite. 

Of course, we accepted this invitation due in large measure from previous positive interactions with Staff Officers at dinners--usually shared with at-least one other couple.  This history goes back 20 years on various Radisson/Regent ships.  And, it includes dinners with Captains.  

Just self and spouse at that Navigator table.  Fortunately, my wife is a gourmet cook. This facilitated ensuing conversations with Brandon over various aspects of preparing French sauces.  There was little I could contribute, other than commenting I was the lucky recipient of my spouse's cooking over the past 50+years.  

Delightful dinner and conversation(s) from the get-go. Brandon selected all the wines. The first--which was at the table when we arrived--was one he had selected before we ordered.  Just a nice starter.  Very nice.  He ordered the remaining wines based on what we had ordered.  He tasted each one before it was served. Sent one away as not "quite up to standards". Of course, there was quick action and replacement by Staff. No argument from us; not appropriate to second-guess the F&B Manager's palate.  

As the meal drew to a close, Brandon asked us to rejoin him later on that segment for a "special dinner" he would oversee.  All South African dishes; all pared with appropriate South African wines.

Another wonderful Compass Rose meal ensued w/Brandon.

Perhaps we have just been lucky. 

GOARMY!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 1:07 AM, Bruce61 said:

I would bet if dinner was with the Food and Beverage Manager the service would be perfect!

Of course !  Or if with the GM ...

Makes me chuckle because the first time I met Franck Galzy he was F&B Manager on the Voyager.  We were on a TA crossing and had dinner with Louise Ross, Social Hostess -- and Franck!  What a pleasure.  And the meal was very good.

• Like 1