Privacy Lawsuit

mikjr

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else read about the Privacy Lawsuit against Princess, HAL, Celebrity and RCL???  

It appears that those cruise lines illegally shared info with META.   According to what I read, if you booked your cruise online through their websites, you could be entitled to "Compensation".   

Here's the website:   https://www.classaction.org/cruise-line-privacy-violations

Edited by mikjr
  • Haha 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

I am all for justice and stopping abuse of the law but really... I can't help feeling this is just an invention by a lawyer to generate income. It is rather sad that the world has come to this IMO.

One interesting thing is that it is not a lawsuit, but rather a "mass arbitration," no doubt because we all agreed to arbitrate any claims when we signed up for our cruises.  It shows that you agree to pay 40% of your recovery if you sign up, and will owe nothing if they recover nothing.  Since I just signed up for a cruise on Princess.com, I appear to qualify, but have opted not to join at this time.  My decision is based on my minimal outrage at the alleged violation and my general love of cruising. But, if the cruise lines are doing this, they really should not have.

While it is true that these things only enrich the lawyers, it is one of the few deterrents to this type of alleged wrongdoing where the individual damages are so small that they are not worth pursuing on an individual basis.   So pick your poison--unfettered small-scale corporate wrongdoing or ambitious lawyering.  The hope is that the market discourages lawyers from pursuing actions lacking in merit since they bear the financial risk of doing so.

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

So without a shred of evidence, some ambulance chasers are trying to start what amounts to a retirement plan for themselves.

Those ambulance chasers aren't even lawyers, they advertise themselves as writers, community managers and marketers.  And the same people have multiple websites.  https://season4.io/ is another run by the same group of people who claim to be diligently working to protect the vulnerable amongst us from the horrors of dangerous chemicals like Dihydrogen Monoxide.