Advice on Edge-class stateroom 6127 needed

Posted (edited)

🙏🙏 We have been scouring the entire web, other cruise sites and of course, Cruise Critic, but haven't had much luck finding any reviews on this stateroom. Unfortunately, we do not have many to choose from so would appreciate any advice from experienced Edge-class cruisers.

Based on the deck plans of the Edge -class ships, it seems like this room is located at the edge (no pun intended) of the main theatre, which is one level below the room. We are perfectly fine with noise from the regular nightly performances during the usual hours but understand that rehearsals are also carried out during the rest of the day. Are rehearsals or any other activities that might be considered noisy, scheduled before 9am or after 11pm (i.e. the ungodly hours)? Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Screenshot_20240316-131347.png

Edited by ilovefriday
Typo

Oh, wow! How wonderful is this. Would be so grateful to have your feedback on the room or anything about the ship, for that matter! Nothing is too mundane. First-time Edge-class cruisers here! We'll be on the 9N Australian Wine Cruise on the Celebrity Edge for our long-overdue honeymoon. We absolutely adored our Solstice Alaskan and Western Mediterranean cruises pre-Covid. This will be our first cruise post-pandemic. Thanks so much in advance.  

Also my 1st edge class, and only 2nd celebrity cruise (third post-pandemic cruise). First was a Solstice California Coastal. Absolutely love that ship! Didn't choose this cabin on this cruise, was a guarantee cabin placement, but will definitely share my thoughts!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the great link, TMLAalum! It appears that stateroom 6127 wasn't included in the list, so here's hoping that it wasn't an oversight.

As was scouring the web the past few weeks, I came across another (albeit less official) website with photos of rooms with obstructed view. Thought I might as well share it here too.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/ov.php?ship=Celebrity-Edge&cabins=Edge

The strange thing is that although they did include a photo of room 6127, I can't seem to detect any obstruction in it. Perhaps, the default camera angle wasn't able to capture it within the frame.

Screenshot_20240317-093631~2.png

Edited by ilovefriday

Posted (edited)

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on 6127, Balisong187. And the rest of the ship - the food, the service, the activities, the entertainment, basically anything and everything!

Although I'm sure there are ships that surpass her in design these days, back then, I thought the Solstice was the most stunning ship on the seas. I still remember the awe-inspiring MDR. I think I will miss the grandeur of one on the Edge. 

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by ilovefriday
  • Like 1

Here are a couple pics while I'm here in Key West (I don't have shipboard wifi). You can call the view obstructed but IMO I can see PLENTY of ocean/scenery.... I'll review more and add more pics post cruise.

20240316_135550.jpg

20240316_135559.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ilovefriday said:

Thanks for the great link, TMLAalum! It appears that stateroom 6127 wasn't included in the list, so here's hoping that it wasn't an oversight.

As was scouring the web the past few weeks, I came across another (albeit less official) website with photos of rooms with obstructed view. Thought I might as well share it here too.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/ov.php?ship=Celebrity-Edge&cabins=Edge

The strange thing is that although they did include a photo of room 6127, I can't seem to detect any obstruction in it. Perhaps, the default camera angle wasn't able to capture it within the frame.

Screenshot_20240317-093631~2.png

The cabins on this deck have the lifeboats directly underneath so that’s why they say obstructed view.  I stayed in a similar cabin more towards the middle of the ship.  If you are looking straight out you don’t notice any obstruction. You can see the lifeboats when you are standing close to the window. I didn’t mind it at all and would stay in one of these cabins again.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, balisong187 said:

Here are a couple pics while I'm here in Key West (I don't have shipboard wifi). You can call the view obstructed but IMO I can see PLENTY of ocean/scenery.... I'll review more and add more pics post cruise.

20240316_135550.jpg

20240316_135559.jpg

Appreciate you taking the time to post photos of cabin 6127. I had a feeling that there might be something right underneath the window and indeed there is! Oh well, I can live with it. Rather have this then the continuous creaking sound a Beyond passenger recently had to contend with in their cabin. Poor thing. 

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your cruise!  Here's hoping that the rehearsals aren't being carried out in the theatre at ungodly hours and disturbing your rest in 6127. 

17 hours ago, mh5678 said:

The cabins on this deck have the lifeboats directly underneath so that’s why they say obstructed view.  I stayed in a similar cabin more towards the middle of the ship.  If you are looking straight out you don’t notice any obstruction. You can see the lifeboats when you are standing close to the window. I didn’t mind it at all and would stay in one of these cabins again.

Thank you so much for the confirmation and reassurance. I'll be one happy camper as long as the rehearsals or noisy activities in the theatre are carried out at godly hours. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 2:03 AM, balisong187 said:

20240316_135550.jpg

20240316_135559.jpg

Hi balisong187, 

We are dying to hear about your experience on an Edge-class ship and your insights into stateroom 6127. Any chance you're back from your cruise yet? If not, sorry to disturb. Enjoy your holidays! 🤭

Edited by ilovefriday