I do not have a wine list however the complimentary wines were very good despite I find in biew of the high fares Regent should offer a better Champagne as Heidsieck Monopole.

The connoisseur wines are at very decent prices : I had white Far Niente at 95$ , Ruinart Blanc de Blancs at 115$ , same for the Rosé  and 60 $ for Cloudy Bay. And 70$ for az white Bordeaux Latour Mallartic, Tignanello was at 105$ 

red Bordeuax were young . 

11 hours ago, vistaman said:

I do not have a wine list however the complimentary wines were very good despite I find in biew of the high fares Regent should offer a better Champagne as Heidsieck Monopole.

The connoisseur wines are at very decent prices : I had white Far Niente at 95$ , Ruinart Blanc de Blancs at 115$ , same for the Rosé  and 60 $ for Cloudy Bay. And 70$ for az white Bordeaux Latour Mallartic, Tignanello was at 105$ 

red Bordeuax were young . 

Wow that Tig price was for a 750ml bottle?  That's better than retail unless it was a bad vintage.

• Like 1

If I recall many of the prices were fair.  Not a cheap list for sure, but pricing closer to retail than the 3X retail which is more typical.

I would agree that the Connoisseur Wine List prices are fair, for the most part I would consider them “high-end retail”.  With wine purchased from the list you get full restaurant service, the Somms will decant the wine for you and keep your glass topped up.  The Antinori Tignanello is probably the best bargain on the ship right now, the Tignanello vintage being served on Splendor in January was the 2018, we enjoyed a couple of bottles during our cruise.  Wine Searcher shows the average price in the US as $197 and the lowest price listed is $145.  So, $105 is a great bargain!

Great to hear!  I love me some Tig--even young Tig.  I've got $1k of OBC to kill from the Thanksgiving special, so I'm really looking forward to giving that list a serious once-over.  Plenty of time to work up a vino appetite as we don't sail her until December.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Great to hear!  I love me some Tig--even young Tig.  I've got $1k of OBC to kill from the Thanksgiving special, so I'm really looking forward to giving that list a serious once-over.  Plenty of time to work up a vino appetite as we don't sail her until December.

Awesome! We recently drank the sole bottle of Tig in our inventory, a 2006. It was transcendent - could easily have been mistaken for Right Bank Bordeaux. This is coming from a guy who favors Bordeaux above pretty much everything else. I'm still trying to figure out how I got it for $45/bottle even 12 years ago. I think my Dad still has a few. I should remember to tell him to drink up!

No OBC here, but we will be traveling on Navigator this summer with friends/neighbors who are also oenophiles and also have an extensive collection, so we might well splurge one night...

Edited by Chateaunole-du-pape

in the late 90s i was drinking Sassicaia  for around 50 to 60$ yes ! and rosé by Roederer with a year (not the Cristal ! )  for 39 $ 

I remember in 1993 on the defunct Royal Viking Sun I had Mouton R 1984 ( ok very bad year ) for 49 $ ... later on the year it was 79 $ 😃 because - fixed tables - I had bad wine company I was drinking those wines for lunch headwaiter was suggesting special dishes for  the wine  

During my first SS in 2005 I had Cheval Blanc for 200 $  - times did change thanks to the "new markets" that war involved country R and China ... 

I remember during my very first luxury cruise in 1990 Giscours was 40 $ but Latour ( the real one not the second Les Forts ) was 98 - stupid me  economising on the wine  as my cruise was expensive -  and half Trottevielle for some 24 $ 

I cannot understand where all those US pax are receiving the OBC from  - I do not have an Amex platinum because I refused to tell them what i do have on the bank , but one level lower 

is it from TA ?- not done in Belgium at all ... on my next cruise i do have 500 $ by SS and on my next regent 400 by Regent  and on my Queen Anne some 200 by TA in the UK 

by the way the Krug bubbles were 250 on Regent and the Cristal 325 and Dom P  240 but would increase ! Unfortunately the Belle Epoque and the Billecart salmon Rosé were sold out ...😝

My next cruise is on SS with a bigger special wine list but complimentary wines are quite poor comparing to Regent ( and Crystal but there the connoisseur list is VERY expensive ) . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vistaman said:

I cannot understand where all those US pax are receiving the OBC from  - I do not have an Amex platinum because I refused to tell them what i do have on the bank , but one level lower 

is it from TA ?- not done in Belgium at all ... on my next cruise i do have 500 $ by SS and on my next regent 400 by Regent  and on my Queen Anne some 200 by TA in the UK 

by the way the Krug bubbles were 250 on Regent and the Cristal 325 and Dom P  240 but would increase ! Unfortunately the Belle Epoque and the Billecart salmon Rosé were sold out ...😝

I got my $1k OBC from Regent's Thanksgiving sale back in November.  And another $300 from AMEX.

My problem is DW barely drinks these days, so I'll have to either power through the whole bottle (which I'd really rather not do) or order something that will last for 2 nights....so no Champers por moi.  I've given up on many wine regions because prices just got out of control over the past 4-5 years.  But I'm lucky in that I bought enough over the last 20-30 years to keep me going for a long time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

I got my $1k OBC from Regent's Thanksgiving sale back in November.  And another $300 from AMEX.

My problem is DW barely drinks these days, so I'll have to either power through the whole bottle (which I'd really rather not do) or order something that will last for 2 nights....so no Champers por moi.  I've given up on many wine regions because prices just got out of control over the past 4-5 years.  But I'm lucky in that I bought enough over the last 20-30 years to keep me going for a long time. 

maybe you can risk something : a wine adventure  : Regent does have the Palmer  2013  - a bad year , but Palmer does have the same quality as Latour and Léoville las Cases : even in a bad year it is very ok

and decanting well in advance  can do a small wonder  ... at 400 $ 😁

i still have a few P from 2000 🤑 cheers 

42 minutes ago, vistaman said:

maybe you can risk something : a wine adventure  : Regent does have the Palmer  2013  - a bad year , but Palmer does have the same quality as Latour and Léoville las Cases : even in a bad year it is very ok

and decanting well in advance  can do a small wonder  ... at 400 $ 😁

i still have a few P from 2000 🤑 cheers 

Fully agree.

When I was in college in the early-mid 90s, I was, of course, just learning about wine, and my Dad already had a pretty nice collection. One day we were at an excellent and quite famous wine shop near Tampa. I was looking through the close-out bin and thought I spied something interesting and called my Dad over, saying, "Isn't this pretty good stuff?" It was 1991 Léoville-Las Cases, at $20/bottle. Granted, 1991 was not viewed as a good year for Bordeaux, but at that price we couldn't resist and we bought a few cases.

Well, that "bad year" turned out to still be fantastic for that well-pedigreed wine, and we both enjoyed it for years. It was certainly the greatest value purchase I have ever made. My last bottle is long gone, but looking at Dad's inventory, it appears that he still has a few left. My wife and I plan to visit my folks in a few months, and we'll have to look to see if he indeed has some.

I love Bordeaux from good estates in supposedly weak years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

Fully agree.

When I was in college in the early-mid 90s, I was, of course, just learning about wine, and my Dad already had a pretty nice collection. One day we were at an excellent and quite famous wine shop near Tampa. I was looking through the close-out bin and thought I spied something interesting and called my Dad over, saying, "Isn't this pretty good stuff?" It was 1991 Léoville-Las Cases, at $20/bottle. Granted, 1991 was not viewed as a good year for Bordeaux, but at that price we couldn't resist and we bought a few cases.

Well, that "bad year" turned out to still be fantastic for that well-pedigreed wine, and we both enjoyed it for years. It was certainly the greatest value purchase I have ever made. My last bottle is long gone, but looking at Dad's inventory, it appears that he still has a few left. My wife and I plan to visit my folks in a few months, and we'll have to look to see if he indeed has some.

I love Bordeaux from good estates in supposedly weak years. 

to conclude our wine conversation :  before the "bar" code I went to see and look for bottles with obviously  too low price labels - in all the better stores and supermarkets known for wine  ( I NEVER did change the labels however !! ) I found Ducru Beaucaillou once for 140 Belgian francs ( had to be 1140) 3,5€  and la Fleur Pétrus for 98 ( had to be 980)  2,4 €😍 and nobody was aware of the price of Pichon Comtesse so they put a price on it of 10 €

but once I could not resist to mention to the assistant manager in an upper market store a student did label the entire  supply of  Taittinger Rosé with the labels of an Italian pink bubble wine - she was very grateful !  ( and I did receive a voucher "gratitude" of 15 €  but I had a happy feeling ) : enjoy your wines !!!  

• Like 1