Info from past Inspiration guests please!

Meliss503

Hi, I'm going to be sailing on the Inspiration on May 8th. I'm a little worried about the time frame in Grand Cayman. We are only going to be there from 7-2. I want to book a sting ray tour with Moby Dick tours but they don't leave until 10 ( our time, I heard they are an hour behind us due to daylight savings) and it is a 3 hour tour. Has anyone been on this tour and did they get you back to the ship in time? Also, how long does it take to tender you to the ship?

I just came back from the Inspiration. You can read my detailed experience on the first time cruisers board. I think the the thread title was 'the verdict is in..'.

I enjoyed the ship and her crew. If you're wanting to do the excursion in GC, I think you'll need to leave earlier. The tendering system is horrific. In fact, we missed our excursion in part to that among other things. Make sure you check all of your times. We were told one thing by the purser's desk to find out that the information was incorrect.

Hi, I'm going to be sailing on the Inspiration on May 8th. I'm a little worried about the time frame in Grand Cayman. We are only going to be there from 7-2. I want to book a sting ray tour with Moby Dick tours but they don't leave until 10 ( our time, I heard they are an hour behind us due to daylight savings) and it is a 3 hour tour. Has anyone been on this tour and did they get you back to the ship in time? Also, how long does it take to tender you to the ship?

try http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

That'll help you with the time issues. You'll need to hit other locations to find U.K. Georgetown

As far as when to schedule the excursions, I personally think 10 might be too late especially since the last tender is supposed to leave an hour before the ship leaves. That's not a lot of time to spare. It doesn't take long to tender back (maybe 10 minutes including boarding?), but the last one should leave an hour before.

If you book the tour through Carnival you get to be among the first off the boat. You will have plenty of time. It might cost a little more but you are assured the ship will wait for you. It's a great experience and not to be missed.

We booked Moby Dick for Spetember- we were told that their first tour was at 9:30, getting us back to the tenders at 12:30- double check with them. We used them last year as well and were back with a half hour to spare before the supposed last tender. Honestly they say the last tender is an hour before, but really they still will be bringing people back until 2pm. You should have no problem even if the excursion went until 1, they bring you right back to where you would meet the tender and there is always a line to get the tenders. Even in Cozumel- they say to be on the ship no later than 5-530pm, but last year we were still in line to get on the boat at 6pm, and there was a bunch of people behind us as well.

Hi Meliss503

I am on the Inspiration on April 24th and we booked the Sting Ray tour with Soto's. They are aware of the ship's time and that it leaves the Island early.

You meet Soto's at 8:30 (local time) and the tour runs 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. After April 1, local time is 1 hour BEHIND the ships time. It gives you a bit more time to make it off the tenders meeting at 9:30 Ship time which is 8:30 local time but the tour will get back around 11:30 - 12:00 ship time, so you have a bit of extra time, although not much since the ship leaves at 2:00. I wish we had a whole day there or at least until 4:00. It would be nice to do the tour, have lunch and shop a bit too.

I'm really looking forward to the Sting Ray's though and the Inspriation too. I've read some pretty positive things on here about her.

Tara

We were in GC on the Inspiration in February, and went on the Stingray City/Snorkling tour with Moby Dick. We checked in with the tour guide next to the North Pier ( I think?) at 8:30am, and was told to be back at 9:30am to board the bus. The tour was wonderful... and I would recommend them. There was only one drawback.... the time back was extremely close. We were told that the last tender back to the ship would leave at 1:00pm, and we drove up to the pier at 1:00!! The bus driver did not look worried at all, but we were scared that we would miss the tender! The driver dropped us off at the pier, and we rushed to the tender line to fine about 100 other people waiting - so we were fine!

They asked what time we needed to be back when we checked in that morning, so I am sure, in retrospect, that they were well in control of the situation.

Communicate to them your time frame, and I am sure they will let you know if they can work within that.

Archived