Damage to the Wind

bsugar

Has anyone heard about damage to the hull of the wind?  She is supposedly in Puerto Deseado for the past 3 days.  We are embarking in Buenos Aires on the 3/22, and we hope she will be there in good shape for us to leave on time.

Posted (edited)

Headed north out of Deseado earlier today.  No specific news of issues that would have kept it there.

Based upon heading, I'd guess headed directly for Buenos Aires.

Edited by canderson

I guess weather caused it to hit a pier, puncturing a hole in its hull.  There was a delay caused by Argentina authorities in inspections and permitting.  They are now repaired and on there way again.

Must have been one BIG bang 🙂

I've been on a few ships where we have gone alongside and damaged the paintwork but have never seen a puncture.

The going rate in those days was to come alongside, broadside, at a speed of 1 metre per minute. 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:52 AM, Tex1 said:

I guess weather caused it to hit a pier, puncturing a hole in its hull.  There was a delay caused by Argentina authorities in inspections and permitting.  They are now repaired and on there way again.

Wow!  The Wind has been dealing with lots of weather in the last month.   This is another level. Did it happen in Puerto Deseado?

Yes, we were on it and it did happen in Puerto Deseado. It took some time to sort out the repair and inspection but all seems to be well now. It did mean that we missed Camarones, Puerto Madryn and a tango night in Buenos Air. However we had awesome weather in South Georgia and a great time in the Falklands so still loved the cruise. Just the last week was a bit boring!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mocamps said:

Yes, we were on it and it did happen in Puerto Deseado. It took some time to sort out the repair and inspection but all seems to be well now. It did mean that we missed Camarones, Puerto Madryn and a tango night in Buenos Air. However we had awesome weather in South Georgia and a great time in the Falklands so still loved the cruise. Just the last week was a bit boring!

Glad all are safe and SG went well!