Sun Princess Penthouse Suite

steilkurve

Posted (edited)

Morning. Looking at booking a Penthouse Suite on the new Sun Princess. However, all that are left are right under the Sanctuary on deck 17. I know the ship is new but any experience which such cabins from the sound standpoint. Are they noisy from deck action above? The Sanctuary should be quieter and I’ve put a deposit on one that is right under a private cabana which I’d assume would be quieter than open deck space. Any input appreciated, even your experience on another ship with similar cabin location. Thanks!

Edited by steilkurve

There was someone is that cabin the first cruise and posted on Facebook.  I'm not on there so I am getting it second hand.

I'm sailing in one of those in early April and will let you know if no one has responded yet.

Anyone already sail on deck 17?

Thanks. Do let us know. 

We’ve booked cabin 17629. It is right under the cabanas you can rent. Based on the videos I’ve seen, they are separated from the pool area by a low wall. On the pool side of the wall, there are big double loungers that I assume stay in place or at least don’t get moved around much. And in the cabana, there’s not much space to drag loungers around. This should minimize sound or at least I hope.

Either way, looking forward to hearing folks experiences.

• 1 month later...

Sox Fan Cruiser already reported a warning on some early morning noises from the Sanctuary deck being heard underneath in their suite. Enough for us to consider booking one on deck 15 instead as I am a light sleeper.

Yes, we were in 17636 and between 6:30am and 7:00am we would hear little scrapes above us.  They weren't dragging the entire loungers but just adjusting them a little to put them back in place, parallel to each other.  We usually heard it but then would fall back to sleep.  My husband is a light sleeper and he was fine.

17629 is probably under the cabanas so i would assume the most you would hear is them adjusting two lounges.  Over before you even woke up.

Search on here for the Signature Suite Questions Answered thread. I tried copying and pasting the link and it’s not working for some reason. I did some exhaustive posting on my experience in April. 

If you start at page 3 I think you will find most of what I posted. Once the thread got taken over by the switch from The Signature Collection to The Sanctuary Collection, you can stop.

It should give you a bunch of info for your June cruise.