Cruise ends in Le Havre, transportation question for CDG airport

Sundiego

Hi helpful people!

Our cruise ends in Le Havre and we're flying home from Paris. We'll go straight from the ship to CDG, not going into the city.

So my question, what is the earliest flight we could book without stress? Looking at the train or maybe the cruise line bus/shuttle (not preferred but might be the path of least resistance).

We are mobile seniors and do pack light so will have luggage but not A LOT.

We're considering staying @ CDG and departing the next day. Both HI Express and Residence Inn have hotels INSIDE the airport and we have points, so that might be the least stressful solution?

Thanks for feedback!

~Denise

A Direct transfer should take between two and a half and three hours.

Train would involve a taxi/transfer to station and at least two changes in Paris.

That's likely to take up to four hours.

The 10:03 departure is probably earliest you could catch, arriving Gare Saint Lazare at 12:23. If you then make the fastest connections you could be at Charles de Gaulle around 1:15pm.

I'd say that's a best case scenario and booking an overnight stay would be far safer.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:37 PM, D&N said:

I'd say that's a best case scenario and booking an overnight stay would be far safer.

Thank you so much for your detailed response!

Denise

• Like 1

I will toss out an idea, which we have not personally used.  Europe has the "Flixbus" which are pretty comfy coaches that are generally on time and quite inexpensive.  There are some Flixbuses that go direct from Le Havre (not the port) to CDG in about 3:15.  On most days there is a 9:45 bus that would get you to CDG at 12:55.  You would need to get a taxi to get you from the port to the Flixbus.  I am not sure of the exact location to catch that bus, but assume somebody will post that info (or it can be found online).  Idealling you want to be at CDG about 3 hours before a flight to North America.

Hank

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I second Hlitner's suggestion of the Flixbus. When I lived in Le Havre I used the Flixbus often to transit between Le Havre and CDG. There are only a few per day.

The Flixbus leaves from the central bus station next to the SNCF train station in Le Havre. It's essentially a small bus bay outside one of the train station's doors. You can take a taxi or public transportation from the port to the station. 

There's only one stop on the Le Havre to Paris route (Paris La Défense). It will bring you to Terminal 3 at CDG, from there you can take the airport tram to different stations as needed. 

I found the bus to be the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get to the airport. I also found luggage transportation easier as the driver can help you load the luggage in and out of the bus compartments. There is additional storage above the seats for smaller items. You don't have to watch and carry luggage onto the train yourself. 

Edited by simplyrubies
added more info
  • Like 1