Lawyer already to sue for Celbrity bus accident

rcicruiser

I just read a article in the Miami Herald that Brett Rivkind is already looking into whether Celebrity did enough to warn people about taken shore excursions not associated with them. It was a horrible accident

Since when is this the cruiselines job. People will just think that the cruiseline is trying to get them to buy there shore excursions to make money. If people are going to book excursion on their own then it is buyer beware.

He said that he was already contacted by a family member who had died. I wonder who contacted who. It makes me wonder what people are think after a loved one is killed. Instead of grieving are they thinking lawsuit. It has been only one day people. Like the Smith's one day after they did not want to talk to the cruiseline where they thinking lawsuit also. I know if that was me that would be the last thing I would be thinking about. Rivkind said he was just focused on see how they purchased there bus tickets.

Next he will be after Princess, he sees big money in this becase he gets up to 40% of whatever the client gets. I would not be surprised if he was a the port on April 2nd to hand out his card to passengers. I just do not get it. Are they just jumping on the bandwagon to see how much money they can get. Someone explain this to me please. What are these people thinking.

What a "surprise" that Rivkind is shooting his mouth off on this issue. They can't seem to build an ambulance big enough for this guy to chase. Celebrity had NOTHING to do with this terrible accident. They have gone above and beyond what is REQUIRED of them. Rivkind must see this as a great opportunity to capitalize on the Smith case and once again try to prove how "evil" the cruise lines are. All their literature states clearly that any shore excursion not booked through them is not recommended. I don't know how this guy sleeps at night.

This lawyer is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and should have his licence revoked permantly!!!!!! We are all adults and have a bit of responsibily for our own lives. This however seems to be typical for the US system of law...

Come on US Judges throw this guy out of court. Most passengers are over 21 and Celebrity shouldn't have to hold our hands. We all know that life has certain risks.

Please I hope the relatives don't take this the wrong way but we are all our own boss and if we chose to make our own arrangements then we can't make Celebrity responsible. The only company the lawyer should be investigating is the bus company but then it is registered in Chile and he is not concidered a lawyer down there.

The longer I think about this the angryer I get - he is try to make money and a name for himself on the backs of these victims -and THAT is the pits!!!!

What an idiot! I'd post other words to describe him, but then the post would be pulled.

And I suppose the cruiselines are supposed to warn us about getting into taxi cabs, airplanes,rental car shuttles etc. etc?

And my clients wonder why I won't book independent shore excursions for them! BINGO!! It's is up to them, not me.

In any event, I don't trust the media reporting... especially when dealing with foreign countries. Often times, something is lost in the translation.

It could be, the bus didn't have a current inspection sticker. Or it could be the plate registration on the vehicle was expired. Nobody knows.

So, if we were to believe the merits of this jerk's supposed case, when I fall off my barstool at Sloppy Joe's, I can sue the cruiseline for not warning me ???

He said that he was already contacted by a family member who had died. I wonder who contacted who. It makes me wonder what people are think after a loved one is killed. Instead of grieving are they thinking lawsuit. It has been only one day people. Like the Smith's one day after they did not want to talk to the cruiseline where they thinking lawsuit also. I know if that was me that would be the last thing I would be thinking about. .

I have never lost a family member or loved one in anything as tragic and unexpected as this but my first thought when I hear that a family member contacted him (Rivkind) is that maybe they are so grieve stricken that they are looking for someone to blame. It is very common in the grieving process. They will come to in a few weeks with the right counseling but let’s not jump on them. People grieve in very different ways. I for one will not be surprised when they start showing up on TV (it is inevitable) blaming X. Again this is their way of grieving right or wrong and it will pass.

As for Rivkind.... there will always be sleazy lawyers out to make a quick buck. Unfortunately that isn't enough to be him disbarred.

That could set some interesting precedence.

For example, if Delta flys me to Miami, and I go on some private tour while there, and I have an accident, Delta is responsible for me because they brought me to Miami but I didn't choose an excursion recommended by them? I think not.

If a group of people makes arrangements to fly to Chile and go on this same excursion and suffers a similar fate, who is at fault? The people for choosing the excursion, the airline or the excursion company? Clearly in this case it sounds like the "excursion company" will cease to exist and the only target remaining is Celebrity.

What an a-hole!

It appears that the ambulance chasers have decided that there may be deep pockets to get their hands into, and they can't wait to pick those pockets. Next step is for them to create a class action suit, and the pocket gets even deeper. A legal firm has recently claimed $1,400,000 in fees for getting Netflix (a dvd rental company) to give a class of customers a free month of rentals.

Some of the deepest pockets I know of (evidenced by the amount of their political contributions) belong to trial lawyers. Maybe we can come up with a class of citizens that have suffered monitary losses due to the depradations of trial lawyers. For example; trial lawyers have added billions of dollars annually to our medical care costs, and politically protect this money stream by bribing government officials with hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions each year. There should be enough money available from the ABA and their members to attract some first rate shysters. I would be at the head of the line to sign up for this class action.

Petert

What an idiot! I'd post other words to describe him, but then the post would be pulled.

And I suppose the cruiselines are supposed to warn us about getting into taxi cabs, airplanes,rental car shuttles etc. etc?

And my clients wonder why I won't book independent shore excursions for them! BINGO!! It's is up to them, not me.

In any event, I don't trust the media reporting... especially when dealing with foreign countries. Often times, something is lost in the translation.

It could be, the bus didn't have a current inspection sticker. Or it could be the plate registration on the vehicle was expired. Nobody knows.

So, if we were to believe the merits of this jerk's supposed case, when I fall off my barstool at Sloppy Joe's, I can sue the cruiseline for not warning me ???

If you fall off you barstool make sure you knock me over too so I can sue also. We should get his phone number.

If you fall off you barstool make sure you knock me over too so I can sue also. We should get his phone number.

So if I get faced at the local.

Fall off the barstool and get hurt - I have a case?

Does this guy cover New Jersey.

Or does the no fault insurance take this out of play.

Hi Everyone !

Sadly, I am not surprised at all, that some lawyers will attempt to sue. As we all know, some things in life stink, and one of them is that the world is entirely too litigious. Of course, at times it is warranted, but suing Celebrity for a tour they had nothing to do with ? Please....

It annoys me that Celebrity will have to deal with the legal ramifications of this tragic event. I would think they have a good legal team. Assuming everything they have said is true, then I am optimistic they will prevail.

This is a shame that this lawyer is just waiting for people to come to him to get some lawsuits going... It wasn't a Celebrity excursion and not their fault.. But I couldn't help thinking that some CC family members have lost their family members and maybe this isn't the best time for this discussion?? It's going to be hard enough losing their family and the guilt associated for the members who chose that excursion... Just a thought......;)

cruzegirl, your sentiments are probably correct...about the timing,

but, I have a feeling after 20+postings the thread will go on.

I don't think it was started as anything disrespectful to the victims,

though since I am not the one who started it I don't know that

for a fact.

But I am guessing since it made the news, it was public

knowledge.

We are all in agreement....the guy is an idiot.

Sad but not unexpected. I hope that family members come to their senses when they have had time to absorb everything and tell this guy to take a hike.

When people are overcome with grief they often misplace their anger and blame the wrong party. Unfortunately, there are some lawyers, such as this one, who take advantage of grief stricken people who are very vulnerable and not thinking clearly at the time. Even though Celebrity is not responsible for this tragedy, it can cost them a fortune to prove it. This lawyer is probably hoping that Celebrity will settle to avoid the cost of fighting this ludicrous law suit.

Archived